You are here

FiL drunk and mil smart comments

SweetMom's picture

This maybe kinda long so I apologize. I have somethings bothering me to the point I'm waking up from nightmares( I always dream when I get upset.) My husband and I married in 2012, he lived with me a year in my house I had prior. He had a house he bought from his grandmother on his moms side when he was 21. He married this woman and she lived with him almost 2 years in the house before she bankrupt him, he lost house in forclosure but repurchased it again as a renter from the new owners. He paid for the house in full 2012 from monies he made overseas in a high paying job while we had just married, he said he had a lot invested and wanted to re sale it to get his money back. I told him I'd never want to live there in that neighborhood. For the past 6 years we have had a his and her house it seems. We finally agreed on a piece of property we both liked so he called a realtor he knew from his high school days. She pointed out things needed to be done so she could sale. I went over there and painted the inside and he hauled a bunch of junk away. I saw the realitor likening and commenting on my stepdaughters tagged things on Facebook of her Bm. I got curious and saw the both Bm and this realitor hung out together in same click and outings. I think I lost it when this realitor started commenting on dh photos of just him and his daughter and then the text he got when we went into restaurant ," are you in the restaurant " so time went on of the house sitting. We found another piece of land recently that's the one ! So we talk to a new realitor into selling his place. She told us to fix the now rotten wood outside trim and pull vines off house and a few other things to the shop and yard. I really like this realitor, she gave us a price she could get that was way more than anyone else. His mom dad and his friends said someone that will buy will probably tear down house and use property. She disagreed and she is big into moving houses. So husband replaced all the wood that was rotten and I calked and painted. I also bought concrete paint and painted the old cinder block brick and columns. I done all painting alone by self! Well yesterday we went over to do some yard clean up and his dad comes up walking around puffing cigarette drinking beer. We had husbands friends wife come over to get some electrical wire he had left over. She's a friend of mine too. Husbands dad walks up drunk while she saying she didn't know we owned a red truck ( a truck in the yard h dad gave or bought h when he was younger) his dad raises his hands up In air like he preaching and said ," hold up, I hold the title to that truck." We had talked about selling this truck to put a roof on house. I thought it was just rude to embarrass us Infront of OUR friend. H was putting up a new mailbox and his daughter was helping while I was putting up some finishing calk around a window. FIL was sitting on the porch swing and says what a idiot. I thought he was talking to std I spoke up and said she was going through that teenaged phase. FiL said he wasn't talking about the little girl he was talking about the damn fool at the mail box. Before I started painting on that house h mom said she wouldn't paint it but I did it anyway and the house and everything looks so good. The neighbors has come up and said how good it looked. It went from vines growing in through windows to a cute little home. It just feels like it's alright for h to live in my house and his should be his. I don't know what FiL and his parents damn problem with me, I pay and maintain things.. Unlike his ex ever done. H mother is another smart mouth calling me a hoarder.. Rrr!

Last In Line's picture

Me either. I think it's the combo of ESL issues and wall of text making me just go...huh? :? :?

SweetMom's picture

Well the first two understood. After writing my feelings out, I feel better.

SweetMom's picture

" get it over and done with " those are some very encouraging words. Success is the focus and keeping eyes on the prize!

AlreadyGone's picture

Definitely get it over and done with.

My X-IL's were snarky, rude, and condescending to me, all of the time. At first I said nothing, hoping it would blow over once they really got to know me. I was sooooo wrong. Some people are just so damn miserable, that they just can't help but make everyone around them miserable too. My XH seldom stood up for me (course he never stood up for himself either) so one day I did. I also decided that same day, that I would have nothing else to do with them. Got over it, and I was Done with it! LOL. Wink