You are here

BM just blew through 2 k and wants more!! Rant

lil_lady's picture

So BM registered with Maintenance enforcement she gets a whopping 2 grand ish every month she got her first installment on the first. FH just got an email... she wants money for SD6 next swimming lesson set. She also has a set amount for section 7 expenses. BM is also refusing to work because she wants to go to school. She btw quit a FT well paying job to do this... I am livid that she would even have the nerve to ask for this!

lil_lady's picture

She is getting spousal child support there are 2 children and there is a set ordered section 7 amount. It is registered with ME and it is all set in stone. BM can ask for all she wants at the end of the day she gets what is in the court order and that is it! It is high things aren't always fair here in Canada family law is relative and we got a bad judge.

lil_lady's picture

Well FH is ignoring thank god! I cannot believe she would have the audacity to even ask. BM is well aware that we are barely making our bills right now. Not to mention she got that money nov. 1. FH is livid since the last time she dropped the kids off she showed up in brand new designer clothes in her brand new vehicle. I am so glad we are on the same page. The sweet part of this is I am also a swimming a instructor so if she is really interested in having her daughter in swimming I can teach her.

lil_lady's picture

FH has gotten it so that is the only way they communicate no phone calls no texts... its a great way to document everything. And he just does not reply until an exchange day. It is pretty amazing I am so glad that we as a couple could establish boundaries and he respected me enough to do so. There weren't any when I first came along!

Journey1982's picture

I know exactly how you feel. SO pays $3600 a month (one child) and BM is always asking for more for money. Her latest request was for money to help pay for their daughters "senior year stuff and party." We both know if he gives BM any money, he will not get one single senior picture nor will he be invited to the graduation party. SO has finally learned to ignore BMs request for additional money, but he is hurt because BM goes around telling people he is a deadbeat dad. Once he found that out, he started telling everyone how much he pays BM for child support. Most people's jaw drops when they find out how much money he pays.

Another incident was when his daughter's car broke down. The car needed about $1200 worth of work. SO offered to lend his daughter the use of his extra car until she got her car fixed. The first thing out of BMs mouth was "Are you giving daughter your car?" He ignored her. Once again, we both knew what BM would do. She would sell his car and take the money.

SO said once his daughter graduates from high school and CS ends (May 2014) he will have no problem helping his daughter. But until then, he really can't afford to give any extra money.

GhostWhoCooksDinner's picture

"Failure to plan on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."

If BM can't budget her money, too bad. If her output exceeds her input, she'll have to get a job (GASP!) like the rest of us.

sbm014's picture

BM has stopped asking for money pretty much but is now asking DH to do "chores" last time he was home she needed her AC in her car fixed something that apparently has been out for MONTHS but SS had said something to her about DH fixing mine when they were setting at a shop DH said that he didn't know anything about AC's (he legit didn't before he did my car and hers is a different brand) and she called every shop to see if my car had been in and then confronted him again and he said he wasn't going to do it.

As of last I heard her car is also making an noise and keeps asking DH to also fix this - DH says he wishes he could as he would destroy the car without her knowing (he paid for the car in full as she was not working [worked 2 days while they were married] and he paid off the notes the month before he filed for divorce) but can't do that as he doesn't want for SS to suffer.

It is amazing how even if they aren't directly asking for money there is always some monetary benefit for them.

JacksGal's picture

My BF's ex got the house in her name. She got a lump sum cash settlement of tens of thousands which she blew through in about a year. She's waiting for her share of his 401k to come through because she wants to cash in part of it already (at a huge penalty) and gets more than twice what your DH is paying every month in CS. When child support is over, we know she's going to lose the house because she won't be able to afford it and that 401k will be gone.