You are here

SD14 smoking pot...Sick of the drama (reposted from my blog)

Smomof3's picture

I've been saying all along that she and her friends act strange...sleep alot, lay around, act lazy. Apparently, she started smoking pot this year on 4/20 at 4:20 (she's so cool). We received a call from the school, she was talking about it with a friend and was turned in anaymously by another student. DH has taken a hard stance, but BM said they pressured her into it....She took her babysitting money to the drug dealer and bought pot, she made the choice.

Now she's trying to pull everyone down with her. Told BM that we smoke pot, which we don't...however we do think it should be made legal and the government should tax the crap out of it like alcohol and quit tying up our court system. With that being said, we don't think it's appropriate for minors and SD knows this.

I'm sick of the drama, sick, sick, sick!

BM seems to be thriving on this drama and I can't handle it. My stomach is in knots and I'm just sick of it all.

StickAFork's picture

Is she still smoking it? Or was it a one time thing?

If she's lying about your usuage, tell her you'd happily take a test if she would, too. That'll shut her up.
Who is the primary parent?

Orange County Ca's picture

420 is definitely cool. By the way I agree with legalization, package it and sell it in liquor stores under same restrictions as booze. Kids can get it on any street corner now but booze is much harder to get.

Anyway lets end this for you so you can get on with YOUR life:

http://www.steptogether.org/disengaging.html

20YearsAsAStep-Mom's picture

Nevertheless - 14 is too young to be smoking pot, drinking alcohol or getting high in any form. Choices for adults are not the same choices 14 year olds have. Try to stop giving her any cash and keep her under tight rein until you are sure she is not using any drugs. Pot can severely interfere with developing brains and can even cause serious mental health issues in children.