You are here

urgh....am i overreacting?

Katie8's picture

OK...so we be battled with ss6 about following the rules the same rules that my Bio kids follow...simple things..no violent behaviour..no picking your nose and eating it or wiping it on my walls....no lying...no swearing..no snacks before dinner...which his bm kept giving him snacks just before picking him up knowing he's having dinner..,so it came down to telling as that he s going to be punished for taking and eating the snacks before dinner..so its finally stopped...then today I stopped on my way home from work at the grocery store...less than an hour before dinner and up walks dh with ss6 and he's eating a giant cookie....wtf!!!!!!I freaked out and dh just said don't get mad..I let him have it. I was so mad I took the cookie away and stormed off.....then...after dinner dh took ss6"s remaining chicken from his plate that he was chewing on and sucking his fingers and digging in it...in the container with the leftover chicken....I threw out the entire thing...gross. my stepson is the grosses kid I've ever had to deal with...I even caught him using my throw blanket to pick his nose with....he wipes his dirty hands..all over my walls the kid truly grosses me out...now dh is downstairs away from me because I yelled at him...

Latisem's picture

I went through similar with my sk. I stopped cooking when they come over and let their dad deal with it. I'm no longer fighting over the situation bc I'm not dealing with it. I refuse to go through unwanted stress.

my.kids.mom's picture

You overreached. Freaked out. Stormed off. These are your words. Calmly take the cookie, and address it later with dh. Letting the skid see you freak out empowers him. And now, you are the bad guy when Dad says next time, "No, remember how sm freaked out last time?" Uh huh...