You are here

Thank god I found this Forum....!!! life with SD is a living nightmare!!

mom2boys's picture

First off, I am so thankful to find this forum. To be able to find a group of people that totally *get* and *understand* how I feel, and I totally get and understand how you ladies/gentlemen feel. UGH..

Little bit of History;

SD is 12 now almost 13. I've been in her life since she was 5 years old. DH and BM has been broken up since she was 2 and ahalf years old. Me and DH got married in 2009, we had a son in 2010 and expecting another bundle of joy in july 2012. We have included her in everything, never left her out and if anything she got more stuff done for her then my own child.

I understand SD is going through a lot. I have tried everything for her. I've always seen something "not right" with her but kept it to myself. in 2009 SD came to live with us and visits with her BM on weekends. Due to CPS issues, which BM chosed drugs and BF over SD we were advised to stop visitations. Her behaviors have started before this however, but its just getting worse with time. SD has been in counselling ( before we even stopped visitations) for over 3 years old. She doesn't talk. She acts normal and like nothing is wrong. However, when she is CAUGHT doing something she knows she isn't spose to do or have.. she goes on with crap about her mom/etc/etc... at first we did what the counseller told us to do, assure her we love her , blah blah blah. Fast forward to now. She USES this to get out of the consequences of her actions. she screams at me that im too "strict" on her.

Here are the rules of our house.
1. You take care of yourself, i.e bath, clean your body, wash your hair, daily hygiene.
2. take your dirty bed sheets each morning down to the laundry room.
3. do your homework..

Please ladies and gentlemen, tell me how I am too strict?.. she does not have chores, she does not have to do her laundry, etc.

SD pees the bed each night. We have taken her to the dr. etc. she peeds her pants in the day time on occasion.

It frustrates me cause she doesn't do anything to HELP the situation. she doesn't TRY. I mean i understand bedwetting is a issue some kids have but when the child uses it as control over you and uses it to make you mad it makes me mad. she has proven she can get out of bed to go to the bathroom. she chooses not to cause she is lazy. she went 3 nights one week, i said to her go tonight and tomorrow night and ill take you and a friend to the movies. she said "nah i rather wet the bed". like really?!.

we have sat down with her and said, like whats going on, what can we do to HELP you???... now its the baby thats coming so pretty much this is what her reasoning is..

"I pee my pants cause i dont want the baby to come"
"I pee the bed cause i dont want the baby to come"
"I lie cause i dont want the baby to come"
" I steal cause i don't want the baby to come"

If the baby wasnt coming it WOULD be something else.

Not to mention, she has start to violently HIT me. SHOVE me. KICK me. SPIT in my face. THROW books in my face. not to mention other things.

DH is being really supportive. I finally told him last week that im ready for her to leave this house that im 6 months pregnant and i cant handle this stress, that im headed for a mental breakdown. he understands. he feels the same way I do.. he has said to me that she is his own daughter and he cant bear looking at her ( she called him a little bitch when he confronted her on stealing from the school). I also advised her and him that the next time she lays her hand on me I will be calling the police. I feel bad for him cause he is stuck in the middle. We suspect she has severe ODD. which would explain her behavior. but how can we deal with it? Its so hard. My 2 year old son is being affected in this. My DH is worried for my safety cause he thinks one of these days she will pull a knife the way she looks at you when she is mad. I havent spoken to her since last week. I feel that im emotionally withdrawn from her. Ive done so much for her like done EVERYTHING for her and now im being treated like crap. I don't know how much longer I can put up with it. Theres more to say but i feel ive written so much already. sorry for the long post. i just need support that I ain't alone.

mom2boys's picture

i also like to mention that my darling sd threw a tantrum last year when she didn't get her own way , she went and called CPS and said my DH ( her dad) was beating her up and had them at my door about Child abuse. it was proven it was a lie, its on the books that she lied but incredibly damaged this family. I am just afraid of having my son being taken away from me... not her so much,, but my son!

WWOTW's picture

You certainly got a problem on your hands. Sounds like she needs more counseling for her behaviors, to sort out her thoughts and feelings about her issues. My heart goes out to you and your situation. My sd was11 when I met her. She hated me from day one and still does, she's now 19 and things are no better. Too much water under the bridge for me now. I've had years of her plots to split me and her father up. Nearly succeeded a couple of times. He has guilt parenting going on, not helpful!! No birth mother to blame she died 8 years ago. She's got a brother who is nearly 16, he looks at me like a piece of dirt most of the time. I've been living with them for the past 7 years, you wouldn't think so though. Father is deffo to blame here and I' ve told him so but makes no difference.

Good luck

mom2boys's picture

We have numerous beyond numerous talks with her about it all. it goes in one ear and out the other.
I have to film her and show it to the dr's and counseller. I feel like they don't take me
seriously when i tell them what is going on in our household. we are reaching out for help
and we don't get it. she needs mental help, and the wait list is 1.5 yr for it where i live. i even tried
to pay for one privately and there is no one!!!.. we don't have anyone over ( including her and ours) cause
our house smells like PEE. it literally stinks. i tried so hard to get a house, we finally got it
and look how it is, it is far from a dream home cause of the smell. I am really bothered by it
im after throwing up after passing her room. we have tried to get her to do her own washing, she isnt fased by it
nor does she do it right and started washingher sheets with our clothes. i couldnt stand the thought of it.
we had her friends stay over one night, they were watching a movie and she was on the bed and she peed the bed ( didnt tell anyone)
and LET HER FRIENDS sleep in it. 1st night sleepovers, and last one too. we have all those rules of no drinking and toilet but she doesnt listen
she will wait til we are in bed and go down and get a drink if she wants it. but yet she cant get up to go to the bathroom. i think she chooses
to pee the bed personally! :(....

i have realized a long time ago we need professional help, we know she has ODD she has all of the symptoms and i have searched so much up on it.
but here nothing can be done til she is diagonised and the wait til here is 1.5 years. i have tried to pay for one privately to get it sooner and there
is no one here where i live.. im beyond frustrated with the system. we are trying to get help but we cant get it when we need it.

oh and diaper time? she would love to wear diapers in and out..doesnt bother her.
and spanking isnt legal here. Sad wish it was.

honestly if they came and took her, id be ok with it..is it bad for me to feel this way???

her counselling is being upped now to once a week from once every 2 weeks. the counseller said with her issues
it may help but it may not .

i hope it works out for you wwotw.. but im like you.. im kinda beyond trying to build a relationship with her.. believe it or not..we DID had a good realtionship
and i used to think of her as my daughter... and treated her like my daughter...did everything with her.... not anymore.. i don't do anything on the weekends so i don't HAVE to do anything with her....

WWOTW's picture

Its sounding hopeful with the counseling being increased so don't give up hope there. Bit annoying a out the waiting list but surely the counsellor may be able to push things forward for a psychiatric evaluation. I can't believe this is all to do with you having a baby, and I think you're right that if it wasn't that she would use something else as a control behavior. At least you did have a relationship with her before all this stuff kicked off. I did try the shopping trips and tried to be understanding about her losing her mum but it was all in vain. I just worry about future and what that will bring......if I can't stand her what about any children she might have?? Last year she accused me of throwing her dead mother clothes out for rags, think her father believed her. By the way we were on holiday and she called him shouting and swearing down the phone at him. Later that eve he got a text message apologizing as she got it wrong. He didn't tell me I looked at his phone and confronted him. She didn't apologize to me though. I had my revenge when she wAnted to stay at Xmas and told her father she had to apologise to me before I could be civil to her..... And she did,'albeit in a matter of fact way. I remember when she was 12 she would hide blood and poo stained knickers in her drawer with the clean stuff. I got them out and made her wash them out, she continued to do this on a regular basis despite being asked to rinse them so the last time I collected half a carrier bag full and left it on his chair. When he went to sit down he asked what it was and I said you'd better ask Kirstie and he called to her and looked in the bag, he was disgusted and did actually give her a lecture about hygiene. Made her wash them through and put them in the machine. She would bath and not use soap to
Wash then said her friends said she smelled. Totally blanked me for 18 months living in the same house. Would come and say goodnight to her father but would blank me. Spoke to father about it and he had a chat with her, seems like it reminded her too much of when her mum was alive
So dIdnt want to say goodnight to me........ Always playing games this
Girl. Anyway that's my gripe, could honestly write a book about my life with his
Lot. Fingers crossed for the extra counseling. By the way my wwotw stands for wicked witch of the west!!!!