You are here

Am i expecting too much

notfun13's picture

Todays was my nieces baby shower. My daughter my SO daughter(11) and I were all invited. My SO daughterdid not go be ause she does not like one of my daughters cousins they are like BFF 15 and 17. Her dad was gonna let her not go. But I spoke up because its a family event and she should go... Her dad was out plowing and she said came up many excuses she didnt have a gift of course I
Bought a gift from all of us, she would not know anyone. Its not her family. I told she was going.

notfun13's picture

Continued. This morning with attitude she said she was not going dad was still,out plowing. I left her at home.. Should she gave gone. If i dont mention it to SO he will totally blow it off. What would you do
?

onthefence2's picture

It's not really "her" family event. Even if it were, I wouldn't make an 11 yr old go to a baby shower unless she really wanted to. She might be an introvert and enjoy being alone more anyway.

Rags's picture

Really she gets no say. If you want her there, she goes. If you don't want her there, she stays home. Don't give her a say. Be the parent/adult in the home and put your foot down ... or up her snarky little ass if that gets better results.

Stepintime0111's picture

I have stopped trying to make sure the skids are involved in my family's events. They show no interest in my family and they are always bored. My family is not family in their eyes, but their mom's fiance's family, who they have met twice, is already considered family. It used to hurt my feelings, but I'm over it now. I just planned my mom's birthday party for a weekend with no skids. They don't care and it's much easier just to have our two little ones and no whining, bored skids.