You are here

Business transaction

Newimprvmodel's picture

Mother's Day was marred in the am by a text from dh's oldest daughter, 25. The last time she texted him was likely two years ago, when she still was on his "payroll". To those that know my story, his daughters have taken him to court for cell phones, cars, and premium colleges, all the while even falsifying their failing grades to keep the man paying, but I digress. I last saw them close to 4 years ago..
So of course they are like the cats with nine lives.........dh's parents had set up custodial funds for the two oldest when they were born....and unfortunately the money could not be kept by his parents......so dh had to contact them a few weeks ago to alert them to their windfalls..
So..........oldest daughter texts a two liner.. Basically hope you are well, and what is the next step to getting my check? Dh texts back blah blah blah........and please call your grandmother today to wish her happy Mother's Day. Tell your sisters too. They and myself have treated you all so well. She texts that she will. Nothing else.. She couldn't even bother to call him.
I might add dh was showing me this as I was sitting next to him..
Shook him up a bit and put a damper on the day. What must it feel like to essentially just be a business transaction for your daughter? She cares not a whit for him or his parents. That is excruciately clear. Such a beautiful girl, but born with a birth defect. She was born without a heart and certain key ingredients like empathy and character.. .......
At least from the stories on here, there is some meaningful engagements. But in my case, it has been such despicable behavior and now today, I am just shaking my head.

Newimprvmodel's picture

They are just gross. And dh gave her an out.....said her grandparents were traveling yesterday, so call today.. Geez.......but one word sums it up.......pathetic..
Just imagine the poor guys that end up marrying these creatures. And I do mean creatures. They truly are damaged, beautiful, but missing key parts nonetheless..
I told dh that his family giving these girls this money was a true travesty, and really bad for their raging personality disorders..
I do think this girl is capable and would consider having us murdered for the insurance money. My husband does not laugh when I mentioned it. He knows deep down I am right..

Newimprvmodel's picture

The word in the family is that dh's ex had been on the pill, and she got pregnant with this daughter when dh started looking to date someone else. She wanted out of the blue collar town and her crazy family..
Can you imagine that dh was paying for the ex's college at a private school when she was just 18 and he had just graduated college? And that she started dating others as soon as she got there? And dh continued to accept that? And still pay her whole first year?
Sounds like it is now being payed out right? Girls have no use for dh other than money.......and they hate him for it. That is what happened with his ex. She hated having to marry him for money........hated him..

Towanda's picture

"Such a beautiful girl, but born with a birth defect. She was born without a heart and certain key ingredients like empathy and character.". .......Perfect description of my SDs too. Perfect.

Newimprvmodel's picture

ok....so now a week later....and no she did not call her grandmother for mothers day...she calls dh and leaves a voicemal that her grandfather had asked her to call to "open communication" with her father???? and she calls?? after six years of abhorrent behavior? why?? she just got tons of money....did not have to take anyone to court...so why. of course dh calls her right back...but phone tag now ensues...i guess this makes me wonder why? step aside...your opinion i can not belive she now wants to engage with her father...her behr of last week spoke differently...

Newimprvmodel's picture

i guess what i find so shocking is dhs behavior. he left her voicemails of chitchat...like the past six years did not happen. no accountability....he does not require anything....they drained him of all his retirement ,,,,and he ignores. i guess i worry what she wants....she really is very damaged.....and something is up.....but dh as usual just ignores it all....i know....sit back.....protect my space and give dh his space....why do i care? why cant i just not feel angst for how they beat up my dh....he allows it right?

sandye21's picture

This is what I have a problem with - the fact that DH completely ignores the fact that SD has shunned him for the last 2 1/2 years and treated me like crap for over 20 years, but acts like all is dandy with them. No accountablility what-so-ever. If one of my family had treated us like SD has I would at least inform them that their behavior was hurtful and will no longer be tolerated. Yes, I thoroughly enjoy disengagement but there is still a lingering feeling that the marriage still is not his prime focus.

Newimprvmodel's picture

i realize that they will be a black cloud over our marriage...total strangers to me, but their prescence is felt. this morning i discussed with dh that it is hard to sit back and have no say....i have deep resentment over all the court motions against their father....and he utterly ignores it. i guess i need to think of them as nothing more than a business transaction....and share my thoughts here,not with dh. we can not agree!