You are here

Prior to court

GoingNuts's picture
Forums: 

We just received statements from BM's bank account. We added up all of the extra money that was deposited ( after regular checks, CSupport and tax refunds) and found that BM has an extra $7000.00 deposited each year. I understand that this may be in part of her parents but was wondering. Could this be used as an extra income for her? Also was wondering if NSF's are a down score on a custody battle.

Most Evil's picture

d

shandee's picture

with her bank statements? I prolly shouldn't touch this one because we had this done to us, and i was not happy I got drug through something because someone was mad and greedy, I got caught up in it through my husbands ex. Would you really want someone going through all of your accounts and deeming when it is appropriate to go to the grocery store or buy something xtra at walmart or just being judgmental because you don't balance your checkbook like they do? That seems like alot of xtra money, but my parents and inlaws have at times given us money to help pay bills mostly because of our kids, so over the course of a year the question is , is that enuff to make it a 10% increase in income? I'm not belittling you for doing it , if it's done for the right reasons, in my case it wasn't, Is it because you are worried about the child not being cared for or just making the other parent look bad or a little of both? Really ask yourself how you would feel if someone picked through your every transaction before you start useing her bank account against her. Even though its sometimes not fair don't you always want to be the better person?

GoingNuts's picture

What we are trying to do is compare. We requested these documents from her over 6 months ago and last week she requested the last 3 years of checks that were written. Copies of the checks and all. I finally took out her statements to look at them because she is going to try and down grade us based on our NSF's but when looking through hers she has just as many as we do. Our attorney took these statements to prove that she was not paying my SD's medical bills and to our suprise we found that even though she had an extra $7000.00 put into her checking account she was still not paying these bills. I also see where you are coming from because I don't feel that it is any more our business as it is hers. But BM just requested all of our family photos. I guess I really am not sure why she requested thse but I guess if she wants to sit in the corner and wish she had what I have she can. I really hope she cries every night knowing she is the problem in this case.

Sita Tara's picture

Would she be requesting your family photos. I don't get that one at all and would have probably lost my "zenmom" status by telling her that no way would I ever give them to her, but even if I did I would have to add where she could put them!
Peace, love, and red wine

shandee's picture

The way i read that the first time seemed weird i wasn't getting it about the NSF. You know it's not fun to deal with in the first place and then to have someone kick you about it!! If she started it I guess shes getting what she gets then. I wish you the best of luck with this deal, what a fruit.... why would she want photos? Are they her old family pics that he have possesion of which may include her or she just wants "your" family photos?

GoingNuts's picture

She wants our family photos. We had to collect and send every single one of our family photos and give them to our attorney. I think what she is trying to do is drag us through the coals thinking that we will give up. Well guess what we have no intentions of giving up. We have had 50/50 custody for the last 3 years and it works great other than BM being so controlling and saying that we are bad parents to everyone in our town. Obviously BM has nothing better to do since BM is single and can't keep a boyfriend. Just to let you know we would have never asked to see statements until she asked for ours which brought up a light bulb because she obviously has something to hide. I wish this was over and please pray for us.

kathleen's picture

Make a little album with a few copies of pictures that show all of you in a favorable light and give them and only them. She can't get a search warrant to look through your house. I've heard of this kind of nonsense before when I worked for a family law attorney. Definitely make copies though. You may never see them again otherwise. And remember, this might go on for a long time but you don't have to lose your mind along with her.

GoingNuts's picture

Our attorney will not give her any original photos. She stated that she will make copies on the printer in black and white. Attorney went through all of our pictures and will be picking which ones she wants to send. I think that the stuff that they have requested is nonsense. The only reason I would think that they have requested this is because she has no evidence to take to court with them so they are picking anything they can. Has anyone ever went to court and lost what they had prior due to little things like not getting along or BM claiming bogus things and making up lies? Thanks for all of your help and support.

Sita Tara's picture

What is her legal right to your family photos? What evidence is it? Why is your attorney complying with this request? I am just lost on this one. Please clarify for me. It's not making any sense.

GoingNuts's picture

From what we have BM is going to try to say that SD doesn't want to be away from her for two weeks. She has friend's that will testify that SD has said this. SD is only 7 and I feel that she is not at the age to make this kind of stuff up on her own. SD is very happy in our house but I think she feels like she has to say that stuff in front of BM. We meet with the GAL Tuesday and I hope he can see that SD is happy and no changes should be made but that will be up to the courts. I know how you feel though when you have to always be 2 steps ahead of the game. Because what we play is a big ugly game and it really sucks.

Colorado Girl's picture

As a compromise, could you do week to week - that way SD7 isn't "away" from her mom OR HER DAD two weeks at a time?

You really need to let us all in on the picture thing once you figure out what the heck that request is all about. Smile

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...It's about learning to dance in the rain."

GoingNuts's picture

I agree we have spent so much money for courts in the last 3 years. This year is going to be the hardest. We have spent so much money that we can't even afford gifts for Christmas. I just pray that this is over with and the results are in our favor.

GoingNuts's picture

Does it really take that long to get a verdict back. Thats crazy. The first time we went to court with BM the judge told us before we left what he was going to order so I hope the judge does the same this time but with Christmas following our court date I doubt he will. I will be praying for you as well. I don't know what I would do with out this site.

shandee's picture

You are going through all that!!! The very first post was a little confusing for me but now I see whats going on! I have shared custody with my older kids ( by agreement of all parties). What is your court ordered set up? Where I live if you have shared it is typical to have them a week at a time. ( sun to sun ) O btw if you have a real peach of a bm she will try to tell you that is 8 days "jus count it on your fingers".LOL I share my kids every other day , but my oldest can drive and we live in close proximity to their dad. It's not ideal but it works then neither one of us has to go very long without seeing the kids. It wouldn't be good for small children though. I would never do it with my other two. We wanted to do a week at a time but my 13yr old didn't want to be away from her little brother and sister that long.
If you have the child for two weeks at a time is there middle of the week visitation by the other parent?

I still don't get the picture thing either? What can be proven from pictures? You not giving good enough gifts, not positioning the child in the right spot for family pictures? I'm not getting it.... Honestly we should all pray for the psyco too because she is lost she obviously does not know how ridiculous she is being. I pray all the time for the holy spirit to find our problem causer and soften her heart......

Seasons's picture

Going Nuts I guess I really need to count my blessings as we are awaiting a court decision as of 10/24/07. We didn't go as far down the roads that you have been on but, I certainly can see BM taking us to court many times in the future. BM is a paralegal, this is fun for her... We are trying to get 50/50 custody as BM is trying to get more CS. I am praying for an answer. With the holidays coming the stress is still here and we started this just after Feb. 14th when she filed papers. Our courts are understaffed with judges in this small town and they are over their heads in work. We don't have any idea when the decision will be made. I would freak out about the pictures. BM is stating the reason for the need of more CS is due to after going through DB bank statements he spends too much money on alcohol. She recieved the statements in June and gave more than 50/50 time to DB during the summer. She has really contrdicted herself by stating he spends too much money on alcohol. Her house is full of wine... She is just bitter and controling would like to just have her thumb on him the rest of his life. She couldn't do it while being married to him and now she tries with the kids. Very sad... BM and her new husband live in a new home, have new cars make over 110,000.00 a year and have a comfortable 3000.00 left in the bank every month must be nice!!!

GoingNuts's picture

I just got an email from the attorney about the pictures. She tells us that the pictures are not going to help Bm out any but help out our case even more. We were awarded in 2004 50/50 with 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off with a mid week visit, the papers say from 6-8 but we have agreed to 5:00 to 8:00. Everytime BM has asked to switch times we have allowed it and when ever we ask she won't allow it. She has even went as far as telling my H "take that A**hole". We do have this on tape by the way and we can use it in court. BM also states that we call her bad names. According to BM we say things in front of SD which is not true, I think BM tells SD to say that we do. BM even got the teacher to sign a letter stating that SD was upset saying that SM and H were calling BM bad names. Also with the checks our attorney told us that BM won't be able to tell anything from them other than she will be spending $40.00 / hour to have the bank process these checks and present them. BM also is stating that we refuse SD medical treatment but we have paid every bill that has been presented to us and also taken SD to the dr. when needed. Well as you all know GAL is coming over tonight and I am really nervous and am not sure what to expect. Also our attorney stated that GAL has 10 days prior to court to submit a report so we can review it so taht makes me a little bit better.

GoingNuts's picture

We just met with the GAL last night and he told us that he is going to request that the attorneys come to an agreement and not take this to court. When he met with SD he had us stay in the room and he just asked her questions about school and what her favorite thing to do was.

Sita Tara's picture

I guess with that young of a child he may have reservations about meeting with her alone. But in my experience attorneys don't ever agree. So he's asking YOU to agree. And if you haven't been able to so far what's going to magically change? If it doesn't happen I would request another GAL. Sounds like this one is sorta lazy.