You are here

What is this woman doing to his shoes??

smallfry83's picture

My future SS3's BM is so confusing. Future DH had bought him a new pair of shoes a few months ago because the ones that BM sent him in were getting too small and were kind of worn out. No big deal, right? Kid needs new shoes, dad does what he's supposed to do and buys him new shoes.
Well, the next time he comes over, his new shoes are filled with holes. A 2yr old (then) may be rough on shoes/toys/clothes, but not enought to ruin shoes and fill them with holes in 9days! BM had taken scissors to his shoes!
So to avoid this again, DH kept a pair of shoes for him to where while he is here. He would send him back to BM in the shoes she had bought him (very cheaply made) and keep the new ones here. BM was apparently upset that he had bought SS3 shoes and felt that he was saying she didn't know how to take care of HER son. For a few months, as long as SS3 was sent back in "her" shoes, they were "intact" with no holes.
Then a few weeks ago, SS3 came to us with holes in his shoes, again. Thee was one that I could easily fit my finger through.
When DH said something to her about shoes, she said she is doing fine and doesn't need him to buy SS3 ANYTHING. She said she had bought him a brand new pair of shoes and that's what he would be sending him in from now on. DH said, okay, just wanting to know if he needed anything.
Well fastforward to last week... SS3 came to us with his "new" shoes. They were hand-me-downs and coming apart! It was painfully obvious! We asked him where he got them and he said that "Mommy bought them at the store."
Why can this woman not buy this kid a pair of shoes that aren't falling apart?! She gets plenty of CS and actually makes more money than DH. Not to mention that her mother bought her a brand new car, owns the house BM, SS3, BM's twin sister, & sister's 2 kids live in. And BM is supposedly getting remarried next year.
She can spen $50 a week for cigarettes, but can't spend $20 on a decent pair of shoes for her own son?

Sorry, I'm finished ranting now...
Thanks for listening.

hladams86's picture

Try having your SD 9 come home from her BM in shoes that are "MOLDING" and know that she wore them to school. The smell was so horrid the only thing i can compare it to is rotting flesh. Why didn't the BM say something before she walked out the door to go to school and how come the school did not do anything about it!

RaeRae's picture

Our BM has a shoe issue too. She kept the shoes we bought SS6 and sent him back in 'tie shoes'. We asked her for the shoes we bought him back, because they were easier for him. At first she resisted but finally brought them to a school meeting (any time she brings the kids anything at all, it's at the school so others can witness it). She had them in a bag, and when we got home, there was a huge hole in the toe, big enough to stick your thumb through. THEN she got pissed when we bought him new shoes again, and sent him back to her in 'tie shoes'.

However, on her next visitation two weeks later, the poor boy was terrified to go back to his mom again in tie shoes. I don't know what she did or said, but he panicked when we told him to wear the tie ones. I didn't want BM to mess up the new ones, but couldn't send him to school terrified of his mom coming to pick him up in his tie shoes. I wish I knew what she does to those kids.

RaeRae's picture

The kids go to school from her house every other Friday and Monday. We get them Monday after school. (DH has primary custody since September). Half the time, the boys shirts are too small, jeans are ripped. However, she does have nice clothes for the kids, her mother has money and buys the kids clothes often. Clothes they only get to wear every other weekend. She tries to get rid of the old ones by sending the kids to us in them. We have had to start sending the kids back in the clothes she sends them in. I am just sick of her sending small and ripped clothes to us... hell she isn't even paying the child support she owes.

As for the school, they have the court order. One of the Findings of the Court was about how uninvolved in the kids education she is. Also that she has caused tremendous problems in their education. However, she is now showing her face at the school, meetings and functions, so they probably think she's an angel. Thing is, she's only doing this because she wants 50/50 back, so she can have her freedom AND her child support check, too.

I may talk to the counselor, there is a lot going on at BMs house that we know about. I'm afraid to hear the things we DONT know about. But maybe they can get the kids to open up or something.

hladams86's picture

We have the same problem. The BM thinks that she is saving money by buying my 3 SK clothes to big so they can wear them "longer" and their shoes. My SD 9 came home to our house in a shirt that was so big when she would bend over you could see your chest and that is what she wore to school that day. My youngest SD 7 can still wear some 4t shirts and the mother puts her in size 6-7 shirts. I totally understand that kids grow fast and please get "ONE" size up but 3-4 sizes up is not ok.

sixteensmom's picture

I bet a seven year old doesn't want to wear toddler clothes to school.

ddakan's picture

ew moldy shoes! my son is 9 and he goes through shoes in weeks because of bikes and scooters and rough play, but a toddler does not see this kind of intense action.

BMs do things to eat at us because somehow they think it makes them look more important. Really no one cares what BM thinks or feels. She is insignificant in our lives and somehow feels the need to inject her worthlessness of on us. Not our problem if she wants to be a hag.

Irritating isn't it?