You are here

kinda off topic.. How do you deal with a wicked sister in law?

dsngrl's picture

Does anybody have any wicked sister in laws? I just found out from her coworker that she has been talking shit about my family at work all the time.. like it is all she talks about.. her baby was born in may and is super controlling, like she seems to be jealous of me and my mom because she is picking apart every little thing we say or do.. for instance getting mad at my mom for calling her son "her little lover", bitching about me asking for photos at christmas (I wanted to put together a calendar with the grandchildren on it for the grandparents). Not only did she tell me no, about the pictures, she went and told her coworkers why would i put my SS on there, b/c its not even her kid!! I was floored when I heard that, b/c if she would care to take the time to get to know my stepson and me she would know we have an extremely close relationship. Anyway, she is psycho. She hates my mom but her only reasoning is because of the name she called him.. she never lets anyone see the baby.. and aparently talks crap about my brother to coworkers as well.. What is her friggin deal? my family has been nothing but nice to her from day one - buying her furniture, helping her with her house etc, so why the hatred? any ideas? postpartum? I dont have a clue what to do but it is hurting my family tremendously.

Totalybogus's picture

Do you guys work in the same place? If so, first order of business is to find another job.

People like that are not happy unless they are making everyone around them miserable. Don't be around her. I would tell my H (as I have with his three witch sister and Hexaba, their mother-lol) that I will never step foot in their homes, nor will I have anything to do with them. He is free to carry on a relationship with them, but I'll not even let them live in my thoughts.

It has been very peaceful.

dsngrl's picture

no i do not work with her.. actually i never see her because she doesnt let anyone see her son (my new nephew).. she hoards him because she is supercontrolling.. so i heard all of her complaining from the girl that was the maid of honor in her wedding!!!.. she told me this girl has definitely lost it.. kinda reminds me of all these psycho BMs we talk about on here.. I have to paste a fake smile when i am around her, just so i can see and play with my nephew.. sounds exactly as i do with my ss's BM.. so, anyway, i just need help in what to do about all this.

Also, i would have nothing to do with her.. BUT my nephew is only 9 months old and a dollbaby and i really want to see him! so i have to be "fake" and I hate it..

dsngrl's picture

yes she has made my mother cry too, i think.. come to think of it I have cried over the way she treats me too.. she is an only child so do you think that has anything to do with it? why would she be jealous of the women in my brothers life? its so weird. I can only imagine whats going to happen when they get a divorce.. and trust me, at this rate they will.. he will find someone new and she wont have any control over what happens.. its very sad. She needs help. But seriously, do you think I should confront her on any of this?

Catlover's picture

My SIL is still super tight with BM. I knew this ahead of time. None the less, she still tried to buddy up to me to get info for BM. She didn't have a clue that I was on to her. So I made a point to feed her a bunch of stuff deliberately because I knew it would get back to BM.

"Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to get me"

dsngrl's picture

LOl.. "the wicked witch!" too funny!! I thought about trying to connect with my brother again but we were never close to begin with. When they came for christmas it was sooo awkward and I could feel my heart race when I was around her.. it isnt supposed to be like this! I am wondering should I try to call my brother and try to get a visit in with my nephew. If she says anything maybe then try to call her out? My DH wanted her email so that he could write her a note about being careful who you talk to .. we know a lot of people and know what you are saying about us" .. but I promised the girl that told me all of this that i would not say anything, so I would hate for her to make this girls life hard at work.. ahhhhh.. i want to be more agressive, I just dont know how.