You are here

For those who have escaped StepHell

AlreadyGone's picture

I have seen MANY members here who have finally decided to leave. It would be nice to have a forum dedicated to those of us who have managed to escape StepHell. WE have alot to offer in the form of experience in Step-related issues and a totally different take on life on the other side. JMHO.

oncechoosetosmile's picture

yes, that would be good. I still can't believe my huge amount of relief about not having to endure SD in my life anymore ever.At the same time I am surprised that this experience went so much under my skin that I still kind of really feel very strong about all that.

AlreadyGone's picture

"I am surprised that this experience went so much under my skin that I still kind of really feel very strong about all that."

I hear ya! We are collateral damage to a degree. We may not be actively in StepHell anymore but, we are still struggling with the aftermath.

grow-a-nut's picture

I also have what I call PTSD (for lack of a better term) even 1 year later. I moved out of state to get away from my husband and his skank kid. I have trouble trusting anyone, especially men who have kids. I want to date but the thought of getting tangled up with someone even if they don't have kids is overwhelming.

A forum for those who left step hell would be great!

AlreadyGone's picture

It takes a lot of time and work to get back on that horse. Check out my blog entry about a nice man (sic) that I met recently, lmao. Gun-shy much?? Oh hell yes! Wink

grow-a-nut's picture

I am so reluctant to step out of my comfort zone these days. All I do is work, eat, sleep, and poop.

Lately I have accepted a couple dates. I went out with this guy who on the first date was making excuses for his kid taking a knife to school. He said school was basically picking on his little boy. Well, the boy is 14 and there is a NO TOLERANCE rule here for knives and guns or weapons of any kind. (As it should be) He also arrived very late to pick me up because his precious wanted to go to Chicago to do something, (we live in the burbs) AND the kid wanted ice cream. Never went out with him again. I refuse to get involved with someone who does not prioritize me. Especially if you make a plan with ME.

Another one I went out with fizzled because he was still seething mad whenever he spoke of BM. They had been divorced for 6 years. I didn't want to be any part of a feud that will likely go on for yeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrssssss.

I want to be someone's number one. If I am not? DEAL BREAKER.

I'll stay alone tyvm. I have become very picky.