You are here

Two week holiday

louiseGr's picture

So this is us on a two week break as a family. The teens 15 , 16 have spent much of it either in moods with us adults, being sarcastic and just generally lazy.
My partner and I are now bickering about them and as she is the mother she is saying I am the one with the problem and I'm pulling away from them.
I feel I am. I can't stand them. I hate that they mock her about everything. And I know Ts the ghastlyl teen phase. It does wear very thin and I know I am
Less forgiving than she is

The latest thing is that we bought an ornament together and agreed as a couple to keep the cost to ourselves as the kids just make fun and don't shut up about it. Weirdly they went in moods about is keeping. It private and said a remark about us being a family.

Now my partner has turned on me. Blaming me for a divide.
Fuck I'm so very tired of this now.

Clueless. Sad

oyvey's picture

I'm so sorry your holiday is being ruined. I sympathize, I just had my own holiday ruined by skids too. Sad

I wish I had some good advice, but I don't, I'm new here and just dropped the stepsons off at the airport THANK GOD.

I know what you mean about pulling away. It's the only reaction you can have unless you sign on for a knock-down, drag-on fight.

You are NOT responsible for the divide. It's not fair of your partner to say that you are. Total BS.

Adults have a right to privacy. Financial information is private, if you and your partner see fit.