You are here

Text messages from SD16.....

ubrngoutdbitchnme's picture

SD16 is notorious for never being ready at the time she is told to be ready. Today I said that I was not going to wait around for her. She was told to get up before 10:30 am. She was told to clean her room and vacuum it before she took a shower and that we were going to be leaving at 1:00 pm. She had more than enought time to do all that and be ready before 1:00. A little background info: Skids live with us full time, BM is not in the picture and FH has been out of town for a week and won't be back until next Friday.....fml.

Blah, blah, blah. At the end SD16 got to get inside my vehicle, was driven about 3 blocks away from the house and was then turned around and taken back home......I was trying to explain to her that when she is told that she needs to be ready at a certain time she NEEDS to be ready at THAT time. She was getting all lippy and telling me that why couldn't I give her 5 minutes.....This is NOT the first time that you are NOT ready on time! When you get a job and you have to start work at a certain time ie: 5:00 it means you SHOW UP to work before that time and your START working at 5:00 on the dot. SD16 to me: "You are not my BOSS. You are my StepMo.....You are just Dad's Girlfriend!" You are Correct SD16!!!!!

So I bust a "bitch" and take her back home. Meanwhile I am telling her that as "dads girlfriend" (it has always been Stepmom before) I don't have to take you shopping or do anythign for you" SD16 then says: Yes you do. Me: No I don't. I refuse to spend my money on my boyfriends kids..." SD16 to me: Its Dads money that you use. Me: For your stupid-ass, dumb-ass information I get a PAYCHECK and I will NO longer use it on you!"

This little girl comes to me for EVERYTHING!!!!!! EVERYTHING! When it is convenient for her "Can you please talk to Dad since your so good at convincing him at letting me do things....." For her birthday she asked for clip on hair extensions. If it wasn't for me she wouldn't have those fucken hair extensions. For her birthday she got acrylic nails. She was NOT supposed to get them a second time but thanks to ME she got them redone. I buy her makeup from department stores not from Target, WalMart or Walgreens. If it wasn't for me she wouldn't have that nice expensive flat iron. If it wasn't for me her face would be full of fucken pimples just like all other teenagers her age. And the list goes on......but now I am just "dads girlfriend"

Last time I checked "dads girlfriends" DON'T do all that for their boyfriends daughters. She can eat shit and take back her words but I am SICK and TIRED of her running her mouth and trying to justify it because she had a "bad day" at school or she didn't get the answer she wanted.....So tired of it.

These are the texts messages between us:

SD16: I'm not asking to get picked up Im just aplogizing for being disrespectful.
Me: As your "dads girlfriend" your forgiven. But as your "dads girlfriend" I get to choose what I want to do for my boyfriends kids...I'll let your mother and father deal with you. Tired of your disrespectfulness.
SD16: I didn't mean it like that or in a disrespectful way. And My so called 'mother' can't deal with me.
Me: Well I can't deal with you anymore....You run your mouth when you have no right to do so and you say disrespectful things. And the scary part about you is that you always try to "justify" why you run your mouth like you have the right to do so! Have no idea where you get that attitude from.
SD16: Im a teenager thats why. And no I dont think have a right to. And yes I am disrespectful at times thats just part of raising a kid otherwise im realy not hard 2 deal with.
Me: And I will reiterate: as "dad's girlfriend" I dont' have to deal with kids especially "teenagers" that aren't mine. I will let your mother and father deal with you. FYI: NOT ALL teenagers run their mouths like you do/can.
SD16: Well by being with dad you chose to. And yea most kids my age in our city are out doing really bad things, and have you ever thought of why I run my mouth its not just because I dont get what I want its because you guys dnt listen 2 me what I have 2 say. Thats why u guys barley know the real me.
------Wow....So in order to be heard in our household you must be like SD16 and throw a tantrum and run your mouth.....Wow------Oh yeah, We do listen to HER. Not my problem she chooses not to talk and when she chooses to TALK it is always when she is being lectured over something stupid. She has the worst timing ever.--------
Me: Running your mouth only aggravates us. I don't understand your logic with that. Stupidest one I've heard as a matter of fact. U can continue running your mouth with your dad to be heard. You know what your dads solution to that will be. Good luck to you.
SD16: See and there you go not understading like usual.
Me: I don't need to anymore. Your ungrateful. Nothing is good enough for you.
SD16: That shows you realy dnt know I do appreciate it.
Me: When you act the way that you do and say the things that you say SD16 when we especially ME does nice things for you.....yes you are ungrateful. Your dad says it I didn't want to admit it but after today yes you are......
SD16: I show that I am in different ways like being good in school and saying no to peer pressures and trying in school. Because I think of you guys and the things u do for me and choose to say no.
Me: Having one "A" is not an excuse for you to run your mouth and not do as your told.
-------She actually used "I have an A" as a reason to justify her being disrespectful--------
SD16: OMG you didn't even get the meaning of any of that. No one said any of that was an excuse.
Me: Teenagers....you don't even listen to yourselves. You and your dad can continue this conversation.
SD16: No you didn't listen 2 me i was letting you know how I show im greatful not giving excuses.
Me: Getting good grades is you showing your grateful!?! Its your JOB to go to school and get good grades regardless of what a shitty life you have...
SD16: You can still choose to not try at a job and not care, but then theres consequences. And ive been choosing 2 try.
Me: If you have such a tough time keeping up with our "standards" SD16 maybe it is best that you go live with your mom. It is so obvious we require too much out of you and you can't handle it...you and your dad need to talk and changes need to be made.
SD16: Thats your opinion. And I will not live with her. Shes a toxic person.
Me: Its not just my opinion. According to your dad he says you need at least "6 months" with her. Your mom is toxic because she doesn't get her way. You are also "toxic" when you don't get your ways. Ever thouhgt about it that way? And your dad WILL be reading these texts.
SD16: Thats fine. And no you always assume.
Me: I don't assume I KNOW. I recommend you don't text me back not unless you have something highly intelligent to say. Feed yourself and stay in your room.
SD16: K
SD16: And idk what you consider highly intelligent al i know is sending me there is the worst idea
Me: Talk to your dad. If he can't handle your attitude/back talk and all your little wants and wishes he will have to send you to your mother so she can do her job.
SD16: alright
Me: While your dad is out of town you need to do as your told. Do not give me a hard time. I've already given him a call and let him know what is going on.
SD16: K

FH does NOT come back until next Friday.......ugh.....I need a drink.

momof5_1969's picture

I gotta say WOW! I'm so impressed that you were able to have a conversation with her. I could never have that kind of conversation with my SD. Honestly I would be thrilled if I could have a conversation with SD16 like that. My SD shuts down or starts screaming to the point that no conversation can be had. She also goes into victim mode where she will turn everything in her life as a "whoa as me" and then what we originally were talking about is set aside and then she goes to the "I have no friends" "I hate my life" "You just don't know how hard it is" blah blah blah crap. I could not have a conversation like that with her.

I'm impressed that you just told her like it was! Good for you!! Keep us posted on what happens when DH gets home.

nola2011's picture

I may get hammered for saying this... but reading it it seems like she's trying to apologize and the texts aren't bad. I'm sure talking is worse but these texts... aren't bad. My skids would never apologize or attempt to apologize or be grateful for anything. I actually envy you getting her to seem sorry at all. Sad I know it's rough, I can't imagine a week along with a skid. You deserve that drink.

sjdoughty0509's picture

I am glad to see that she came to you about it. My business with SD14 gets passively aggressive posted on facebook for the world to see...can I have that drink with you?!?! Smile Hang in there.

Mama85's picture

You are kind of mean. It is hard for any child to be in a broken family. It's not their fault they have to deal with this and she is reacting because she doesn't know how else to get rid of her frustration.

You are the adult, but acting worse then a teen. Don't stoop down to that level.

I am so grateful that my kids don't live with their father. Couldn't handle they "step mom" hating them like most of you people hate your skids.

No wonder most of them leave and end up messed up as adults.