You are here

Switching weekends!

Angel's picture

I don't do last minute changes well. When my SS comes over I have plans with girlfriends (lunch, theater, movies, etc).
I pre-plan those weekends to give (my)house to my husband and his son so that they have alone bonding time. I know my husband appreciates it a lot.
Got the dreaded call on Sat morning------I broke out in hives in anticipation. The boy wanted to come the normal weekend AND the next weekend so that I COULD HELP HIM STUDY!(I am a teacher.) Oh my God, I said nothing but was dying inside. My husband was a champ. He told him no switching. & he confessed to me that his son wanted to "use" me. The bm gets to go off and enjoy her childfree weekends and the fool gets to tutor. I DON'T THINK SOOOOO! The nerve. I am not allowed to opine about how the boy is not supervised (that is why he doesn't do his homework & gets behind), or make suggestions about raising him, but I can FIX the kid after THEY have broken him. I raised 3 kids, ALL COLLEGE GRADUATES. She wants to raise him her way and then gives him to me to fix. The nerve! My momma raised a fool, but it was my sister!

2Bloved's picture

My momma raised a fool, but it was my sister! <-- Love this. Made me laugh.

Good for your DH to see this, and good for you for your stance.

2Bloved's picture

Just noticed that this is an old old old post. Sorry for bumping it.

Angel's picture

is ALLLLL OVER!!!!!! No more EOW or Switching crap!!!!!