You are here

stepson might be leaving / fronting up to dad anyone else's do this??

smurf99's picture

Since ive disngaged the hostility between my 16 yr old ss and his dad is growing, basically because im not cleaning up after him or parenting him anymore. Now dh is getting more and more angry and frustrated with him, and also dealing with the back-chat and mutterings that were directed at me.

Last night they got into an arguement and ss fronted up to his dad then dh shoved him, he fronted up again and he shoved him again, ss left to cool down , i didnt get involved just stayed calm. Then apparently same thing happened this morning so ss isnt getting it really, dh told him what you need is someone to knock the crap out of you may be then you will stop with the smart mouth etc, ss doesnt know when to quit.

upshot is dh rang bm and said hes had enough and he wants him to move there, his behaviour is impacting on the younger ones too etc. shes going to have a "talk" with him tomorrow but we know that will involve her saying oh dont wind your dad up and bascially it will be dh's fault. I really want him out of the house, and ive said to dh i think he actually wants u to hit him so he can be the victim and that he needs to not buy into his behaviour.

Doesnt anyone else get this with teenagers fronting up to their dads?

smurf99's picture

completely justified and far less stressed too, and id love him to knock the snot out of him but like you say not worth it if dh gets charged for it. I think ss is pushing dh so then he can play the victim, he really needs to leave hopefully this will get sorted over the weekend as life in the house will be so so much easier without him here, hes caused no end of problems from day one. SS is at work after school today but just hope it doesnt start tonight, going to talk to dh about strategies he can use to not let him wind him up, but i will suggest next time bags are packed and hes out.

smurf99's picture

she lives about 10 mins away so not too fr for him to walk to with his bag lol. Seriously this kid doesnt realise he has it made here, and will argue/backchat constantly as hes never wrong, its never him, always someone else etc. Hes a compulsive liar, manipulator and has played everyone off against each other for far too long - adios lol, cant wait to celebrate when hes gone!!!

janeyc's picture

I just wanted to say that though I don't normally agree with disengaging when the skids live with you, this seems to be working for you, now Daddy see's son as he really is, he must have caused a lot of disruption for you to do this, why dosn't bm want him to live with her? That says something.

Orange County Ca's picture

My Dad finally had to hit me on the jaw hard enough to shock both him and me. That was the end of my sass.

This sounds like normal male teenage crap with the boy trying to be his own man. Dad should try other measures such as pulling the plug on his computer - taking away his cell phone - removing the door from his room.

Something that will make the kids life seem to be miserable without actually leaving bruises.