StepHell

SteppedOver's picture

Have you ever stopped feeling sorry for someone who lives in StepHell?

My sis married a POS last year. This man, if you could call him that, has four kids with his ex-wife. Sis was carrying on with POS behind ex-wife's back. POS, after almost two years, decided to sit down ex-wife and kids and tell them about the affair. Nice, right? Well, POS also decided to tell ex-wife and kids that they were a waste of the last 15 years of his life and he regretted having them.

As you can expect, the kids were angry. Boy oh boy were they angry. But sis believes that have no reason to be angry (she's very serious about that) and that they'll grow out of it. POS insists they come for weekend visitation every weekend. He doesn't care that they hate him. He believes as the man of the house, he can demand and get respect from every single person. Including my sisters two kids. My 13 y/o niece and 12 y/o nephew.

My niece and nephew have been with me for the past month since my niece told POS to his face that he's a POS. He flipped out and punched the wall, grabbed her arm and threatened to break it. I expected her to snap. This man is controlling to the kids. He took her cell phone (a cheap one she used for keeping in contact with us) and sold it for the money. He doesn't believe in allowing the kids to watch TV or go on a computer. He was constantly in their faces. He tried that with my husband, too. My husband let my nephew use his phone to look at pictures of my BILs new car and POS got in his face and threatened him over it.

POS has verbally abused his kids and my niece in nephew in front of family members. He'll start an argument with anyone who disagrees with him in any way.

My sis complains to me constantly about her skids and thinks I'll be sympathetic since I'm a SM, too. I've heard everything from "Oh, they're so rude" to "They treat us with so much disrespect!" She doesn't understand why they don't like her or POS. And has told me she wishes my niece and nephew would grow up and move back in with them. :jawdrop:

SteppedOver's picture

Unfortunately, their dad isn't able to look after them. But they do see him regularly.

That's my next step. I'll be changing my number very soon and I won't answer the door to her. This has gone on way too long and she's driving me insane.

Monchichi's picture

:jawdrop: POS must have one huge willy or be drop dead gorgeous is all I have and your sister must be desperate. It's not his personality keeping her.

SteppedOver's picture

:sick: I can't even think of him like that.

My sis has only had one good man and she didn't want him. Everyone else she dates is like POS. But he's been the worst so far.

bibleofdreams's picture

i'm sure she will reach her limit sooner or later. If you are willing to be a character witness about POS in case he tries to get custody you should get ahold of the ex wife if possible and let her know. I have a feeling that POS is litigious....

Disneyfan's picture

Disneyfan's picture

She cheated with a married man
She helped to break up their home. NOW she's complaining because the kids are acting out. :? Sorry but I think cheaters deserve all the hell that comes their way.

The kids are lucky to have you. There's no way they should have to pay for mom's dumb choices.

SteppedOver's picture

Yep. That's pretty much it.

Of course, she sees nothing wrong with what they did. Neither does he. Sad

Thank you.