You are here

SS 14, I have to leave

AL1986's picture

Hi everyone, I'm new here, looking for answers. I have 3 step children, 5,9 and 14. 14 year old has always been naughty but recently has got out of control. Been in trouble with the police, bullying in school, stealing money from his mum, staying out and not telling anybody where he is etc. Last week he attacked my partner and nearly strangled him and he had lumps on his head from a TV remote. 

my husband has said he is done with him and we've not seen or heard from him for a week. But today whilst sorting out his room he said "well he'll come back eventually, he's my son I can't give up on him" 

my heart broke, we've tried so hard with him for years and battled with his mum constantly who doesn't have any boundaries with him. He even lived with us for a year which helped slightly but then he left after my husband told him to stop eating junk food!! And didn't come back for 3 weeks. 

what do I do? When I talked about me maybe getting my own place for a few years he said our relationship will never work like that as we don't have time. And he thinks I'm giving him an ultimatum, but I'm not. I have my own daughter who I don't want being influenced by him and my own sanity. 

I feel so lost and sad 

Harry's picture

They think one day it all magically will change.  Him not giving up on his son does not mean that that SS gets to move back in. With out putting effort into changing,  As seeking professional help for atleast six months.  Not one visit. And him showing That he really wants to change.  Not a smoke and mirrors show,

simifan's picture

If he can do that kind of damage to your SO - SS own parent, I would not feel safe with SS in my home. He would not be welcome in my home again. That was before I saw you had your own child. You need to protect your daughter as well as yourself - SS does not come back or you need to leave. SO is welcome to have a relationship with his son, but not in your home. 

tog redux's picture

"I know he's your son and you don't want to give up on him; but for my own safety and my child's safety, I will have to move out if he's going to continue coming to our home."

Thumper's picture

Lock your stuff up. Have a stash of money that is yours in case you need to leave. IF you have little kids--protect them always.

Sounds like ss needs quick and very strong intervention. IE-  delinquent camp or group home for short period of time. OR he may end up in big kid jail.

Rags's picture

Your DH chould have beat that little shit to within an inch of his life for attacking him.  And good riddance that that little POS is long gone.

Time to turn his room into the marital sex dungeon and keep that toxic kid out of your lives.

smh