You are here

So, SS lied about working all summer

sandra1's picture

:jawdrop:

So, SS18 comes to me on Friday and is working the nice-nice angle. I'm sitting there thinking ok, what is it that you need?

He says can we go get me cigarettes. (He doesn't have his license is working on his permit.)

So I say, "Ok, I'll ride along so you can get some"

Him: "Um, well, I actually need you to buy them for me."

Me: "So, why is it that you don't have any money? You've been working every day."

Him: "I never said that I was working every day."

Me: " :jawdrop: So, what exactly is it that you've been doing every day when you leave the house."

Him: "Well, I wanted a summer to hang with my friends."

Me: :jawdrop:

I just have no words. And, no. I'm not buying him cigarettes.

Fade to black's picture

He sure does. And any smidgling of a seed of trust the OP might have had has been blown completely away.

Acratopotes's picture

humm no you are not buying him anything... and it's not because I'm an evil SM....

it's my rule with my bio - you want to smoke, you pay for it, I'm not going to.

pinkb's picture

That is craziness! But, I can't say that it surprises me. If there's no school, no job, and no rent are you going to let him keep living with you? Especially with this new lie that has become apparent?

sandra1's picture

He has one more year of school. I have no idea how this kid expects to launch. He desperately wants to move out, but doesn't want to do the work to get there.

He's going to have some hard realizations with no finances and no plan.

ppeac078's picture

I would be LIVID. Honestly, if he is over 18 and not working, and lying like that, I'd be telling daddy that there is a time limit - He has to get out, or I would be going. It is totally disrespectful to lie so blatantly like that. And then have the balls to ask you to buy his smokes....

My SD17 did something sort of similar in the past two weeks.

Disney dad finally asked her to contribute to her cell phone bill (she's had the phone, with Data for 5-6 months already, she's been working for the past 3-4 months), but feels guilty so only asks for a portion of the cost.

Weeks go by, he gets no $$, despite her paycheque rolling in, her getting her nails done, shopping, going out for meals.

Her birthday is rolling around, she accidentally slips that she is smoking (so buying cigarettes illegally, and she cried when younger because both parents used to smoke, worrying they would die). He basically just tells her not to smoke in the house. Asks once again for $20 towards her cell phone bill and she honestly asked "Are you really going to make me pay for it out of my birthday money?"

Uh, no - how about out of your PAY or your money for cigarettes?!?! They hare like $15 a pack here! I am pretty sure a week has gone by, and he still has no $$. And people wonder why step parents get SO MAD!!! At both dad and entitled skids.

pinkb's picture

Not to make it worse but I've been waiting for the "SKid will pay for his cell phone" to come true for almost 5 years. He's 21yo.

StepUltimate's picture

My SS17 would so do this. I am sick from living with the lies, manipulation, laziness.

Aniki-Moderator's picture

I still wouldn't give him one... The key is to not get close enough to smell his breath. Dirol