You are here

Should I Be Worried?

Painter21's picture

I am doing the disengaging thing. Not talking to, cooking or laundry for SS17.
DH has taken away the car so he has to catch the train or bus.
Now he is going to the in-laws (MIL and two single SIL) and telling them god knows what and stayed the last two nights. They have totally sided with him all along - text and call him all the time and ignore us and my children.
He just said to DH that he is scared to stay here (not sure why??) but obviously trying to make a case against me, and doesn't want to stay here tonight. Going to stay at SILs place (she let him use her car for the day/night so he can drive over there.)
Should I be worried? DH says we should make an appt to see the school counsellor asap so we can head off any problems as he is sure to go and talk to him/her and spin some story. I told DH make sure I am not in the house alone with him so he doesn't have the chance to make up anything and DH is here as a witness. Not sure how practical that is when school goes back and DH has to go back to work next week.
This drama is ridiculous, when he is not here everything is so normal.

Orange County Ca's picture

Preempt him on as many levels as you can such as the school counselor but lets not make a federal case out of it yet. He's not going to make a bunch of trouble based on his word alone. Even if he showed up at school with bruise's or scratch marks and a story it'll still be up to him to prove it was you.

Ask Daddy to mention that Child Protective Services is using lie detector equipment on children 14 and over when it seems they're making up something as well as any adults involved.

File a police report yourself if it'll make you feel better. It could be of some help down the line. Like you said don't be alone with him. If he returns home he is not to come into the house until Daddy gets home. Directly from school to family or library. Sorry dude you brought this on yourself.

He's old enough to understand the seriousness of his allegation and no you should not trust him between now and age 25 at which time you can re-evaluate your situation.

Age 18 and graduated? Out.