You are here

SDstb13 is getting WEIRD -- Practically overnight LOL

BarkAtTheMoon's picture

I know this is typical behavior, but I wanted to let everyone know that I'm entering the same realm that most of you are already in......My SDstb13 has been hiding food containers all over the house recently. This is a new development. A few weeks ago I saw a white bowl in the yard that my husband had hit with the ride-on mower. I thought it was recycling that blew in from a neighbor's yard. Nope. SDstb13 had left a microwavable Chef Boyardee container for one in the basement.

I have 5 dogs. FIVE. They must've had a field day with THAT being left on the coffee table. How did it make its way out to the yard? Via dog door in the jaws of Fido. There were teeth marks all throughout it, and the red label had been chopped up by the mower and strewn across an area of the yard.

When I first saw the item in the yard, I went to inspect it, and realizing what it was, I brought it inside and put it on the kitchen table at my SDstb13's place setting. I later asked her to go pick up every bit of red shrapnel paper from the label that was in the yard. A day later I was out there and still found plenty more pieces of the label. I guess I have to chaperone these "outings" and point out every bit to her next time?

So fast forward to yesterday. I had been in the basement during a tstorm and saw the cordless phone on the table. I brought it upstairs to recharge and then realized it was the one that belonged in the basement. We have the charging stand in the breaker box room, where the puppy can't take the phone and go into the yard with it. I mean, you heard what happened to Chef Boyardee, right? I open the breaker room door to put the phone away and there is a pile, I mean PILE, of toys just thrown into this small room on the floor. So much crap in a heap made by a girl that I couldn't believe it. Sticking out from the middle of this pile is a paper plate, an empty box of crackers, napkins, etc. You have to ENTER the kitchen when you come upstairs. There is no other way to exit the basement except for into the yard, as Chef Boyardee is well aware of.....WHY can't this lazy SDstb13 pick her shit UP and bring it up into the kitchen trash can!?

I'm only in shock because she has only just recently turned into a doofus demon-spawn with the onset of puberty. She used to always want to help clean around the house. I'm trying to get over this recent change.

This morning I go into the bsmt restroom to use the sink and there is a ring in the toilet because we never use it. I figured it wouldn't hurt to grab the brush really quick and just scrub it away. I open the cabinet under the sink to grab the brush and see some neatly folded paper dinner napkins. What do we have here? I grab the napkins and peeking out from underneath.......Chef Boyardee's evil twin!! There is a food container with dried up tomato sauce HIDDEN under the sink inside a bunch of neatly folded paper napkins. Last week it was an open bag of Lucky Charms under the bsmt bathroom sink and I explained to SDstb13 how "magically delicious " it would be when we had mice coming inside to party this winter and I would make her clean up the traps.

}:) }:) }:) Well I took that Chef Boyardee container promptly up two flights of stairs. I stuck it under SDstb13's pillow in her loft bed where she will find it tomorrow night when she comes home from her mini vacation with DH and OSD. If she bitches, I'll exclaim that she forgot it in the basement and I REALLY didn't think she would mind trash laying around. Esp her good friend Chef Boyardee. And she hates bugs btw. She has seen a few in her room and she sleeps a mere two feet from the ceiling in her loft bed. Hopefully, there won't be more bugs, but the Chef container seems pretty dried out, so maybe she'll be safe...... }:)

I texted DH at the beach and told him SDstb13 will have "PILES" to work on once she gets home. I didn't mention Chef being in SDstb13's bed. She is still grounded from having her electronics for 10 days since she lied about taking a shower a week ago. She's becoming just plain weird, but I won't have her trash my house. She can trash her room, and I put Chef Boyardee in there to get the party started.

The kid is nuts.

BarkAtTheMoon's picture

I thought about giving her stuff away. I actually teased SDstb13 a few weeks ago and told her that little by little I was giving away her toys. There are boxes of them in the basement that she clearly doesn't use or miss, but she looked at me in horror at the thought of the toys being given away.

Do you know my two SDs have more video games than I can count? I think they have about 5 gaming systems, PS1, PS2 and PS3 and a Wii and XBox. They hardly use them.

I think giving away a box of toys each month would be a good thing. DH has a friend with a DD6 and they are going through rough times as the Dad is very ill. I don't think DH would object to getting rid of this stuff from the basement. I plan on using the "better" stuff as ammo for these new escapades and for the upcoming schoolyear.

It won't be long until we take everything out of her room and make her earn it back, at this rate. Ugh.

Thanks for the Welcome into my new realm!!!

~ Moon

Aniki-Moderator's picture

^^Like^^

BarkAtTheMoon's picture

I texted DH at the beach and told him that SDstb13 is not to eat anywhere except for in the kitchen, and we will not be buying any easy prep items that she can microwave and carry off into other parts of the house. He replied that "Wow, SDstb13 isn't even home and she's causing trouble." I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic but I told him I wasn't LOOKING for trash and filth strewn around, I just happened to go into a few places that I normally don't venture into. i.e. the basement. I can't lock the basement as it is the path to the dog door. I mean, I can't rely on a SDstb13 who is home all day to let the dogs out, that would be crazy.

I will leave DH a list of what she needs to clean. If there is anything left on the floor in that area, problem solved -- It will be thrown away.

BarkAtTheMoon's picture

I have had a worse problem with SDstb19 because her crap consists of ice cream bowls, yogurt and half empty water bottles. Lots of liquid and junk that gets crusty. I showed that to her father a month ago and he couldn't believe it. I said to make. SURE . SHE . USES . DISH SOAP . AND . WARM . WATER. YEESSS, SHE . WILL HAVE . TO . SCRAPE . WITH . A . BRILLO . PAD . TO . GET . THIS . CRUST . OFF . OF . THIS . GLASS.

You get the idea. I spoke very slowly. The next day I open the dishwasher and 98% of the crud is gone from the glass from her work. I don't know if the rest came off or not. I would serve her a glass of water this week , but since I'm disengaged, I can't. Damn, }:)

~ Moon