You are here

Saying 1 thing; Doing the COMPLETE opposite

hbell0428's picture

This past weekend dad was on another rampage about coming down on SD13 - she does too much; we need to do this we need to do that... Blah, Blah, Blah.
She had asked to go to a Dance on Friday; which he told me and MIL that he thought that was a bad idea and he was going to start watching the things he lets her do. These are ALL his words - I have been keeping my mouth shut latley.\

So..... I get home on Friday NOT only is she going - she is having a sleep over at our house too. Saturday; she spends all day watching movies with her friends and then Sat night has three girls spend the night!!! OMH Really. Way to buckle down dad -

I tell him what I just said and he says......"Well, when you say it like that it does sound kind of bad." WHAT OTHER WAY CAN YOU FLIPPIN SAY IT??

Butterflykissesandlicks's picture

I gather you had zero advance notice of the sleepover? How nice.

I'm working on keeping my mouth shut too lately. Not an easy task.

hbell0428's picture

I hear ya!! I try to disengage and when I think it's working - He will flip out on her because he takes and takes and then she'll play the I want a relationship game with me!!
It is almost like they think because they say they are going to act a certain way; it actually happened!!!

I am just stuck in a rut..............

Jsmom's picture

I hope your husband catches on soon. Before she becomes a complete pain in the ass. Mine did, but it was too late and she is gone.