You are here

Rude SD expects joyous response

RLZ0073's picture

Had to have a big laugh today. SD, 15 yo, has some sort of Geography project. She picked Poland. She is not one ounce Polish. I am 90%+ Polish. She texts me randomly and says, 'there is extra credit for my world geo class if i make a traditional polish dish and was wondering if we could make it on the 10th after i get home from school.. (a Monday not our day of custody).

not a please... nothing

so I said 'do you just need to show photos of us making it or do you need to take some to school'? She then sends a curt 'nvm' (never mind)

I ignore it as she's got mental issues and no one is giving her her meds.

i respond 'ok I'll find something fast and easy since it s a school nite.' And I find a fast and easy recipe for a traditional Polish candy in my cookbook.

so the ungrateful child shows up at our house again after school this week as her moms boy toy didn't pick her up as fast as she wanted.

so she bitches at me that she told me never mind because my response came across as 'curt'... I was supposed to be 'very happy' in my response to having to cook something with an ungrateful jerk.

LMAO! You're kidding right? You are a miserable human to put up with, you don't even say please & because I didn't send an exaggerated response...

and these are her words on what I was supposed to say... 'I'd be overjoyed to cook something with you'... 

she was ungrateful that I wasn't bubbling over with joy in my response but I was still going to make something authentic with her... but F@ck that.

Mentally ill child and no one wants to force her to take her pills... with her attitude someone in school will kick her ass...

susanm's picture

Let her bring in a bag of saurkraut and a polish sausage still in the package.   Or some Mrs. T's pierogies.  Daddeeee can take her to the store.   LOL

If you really want to torture her, you can make her watch The Deer Hunter.  Great movie but the first part with the polish wedding is...what?....about an hour long?  

RLZ0073's picture

All that fake Polish stuff makes me cringe.

Actually she can make her mom and or boy toy take her to the store. Not our day of custody.

I've never seen the Deer Hunter... and nope, the less she's here the better.

susanm's picture

Vietnam war movie - Robert DeNiro, Christopher Walken, Meryl Streep.  Considered a major work of American cinema but seriously heavy.  The opening of it is a Polish/American wedding in a Pennsylvania coal mining town.

RLZ0073's picture

I'll have to watch it as I'm Polish and I grew up in Buffalo NY (not that different from the town portrayed in the movie)

Exjuliemccoy's picture

Un.winnable.scenario.

You were supposed to ki$$ her bu!!, make an elaborate dish FOR her, and then be okay with being treated like poop for it.

The only way to win is not to engage at all.

advice.only2's picture

My response would have been "thats great you chose Poland I'm sure there are plenty of websites that can help you with recipes, best of luck and enjoy." 

RLZ0073's picture

Peer applied consequences? Whose peers?

as in her getting put in her place with a peer whooping? I don't wish that on anyone as I was beat up for being a nerd... but kids are starting to call her out for her in school meltdowns and the marching band won't let her march because of her meltdowns and indifference and her own sister and neighborhood kids are calling her a psycho... not appropriate, but you would think she might go ahead and take her pills. She knows when she flips out and screams, sometimes for hours.

i honestly think she's Oppositional Defiance Disorder and bipolar

Rags's picture

If she if not a bully, I am not a proponent of "peer whoopings".  But peer pressure to deal with her issues may be what she needs to motivate her to take her meds.

The social lessons of school are important to the development of viable adults.  All else remaining equal.

RLZ0073's picture

I guess not... not too many folks of true polish decent in this area of the country. I was spoiled... my gramma made every amazing polish delight out there and from scratch. I was one lucky kid.