You are here

Oh Sundays

CantKeepDoingThis's picture

Busy day today...church, birthday lunch for MIL, and later a birthday get-together for MIL at BIL's house.

Again this morning, SheSloth had the same amount of time as I had to do less stuff, and wasn't ready when we were ready to leave. AT CHURCH, SheSloth tell me and DH that she needs to be at school at 8 am AND needs a black V-neck plain t-shirt! Again...we already have a packed day! SheSloths asks if I have a shirt she could "use". Two problems here: 1) SheSloth is a size large (as she is rather endowed) and I'm a size small...big difference; and 2) even if we were the same size, no way in hell would I ever "lend" her my clothing (would come back ruined or not at all)! When I tell SheSloth no, DH says, "All the black shirts you have, and there is nothing you can let her use?" I remind him I'm a size small! I also remind DH that I don't were V-neck t-shirts (I do have V-neck shirts, but they are all fancier shirts). This is all going on at the end of the service. He is already not happy because yet AGAIN SheSloth wait until the last minute to tell him stuff...so now he needs to fit a trip to Old Navy into our already busy day! As we leave church to head to MIL's birthday lunch, he lays into SheSloth about responsibility, planning ahead, etc. He is so ready to make SheSloth quit all extra-curricular because she can't be responsible enough to keep him informed about anything! Naturally, SheSloth tries to blame the guard coach and captain...saying that they never tell her things until the last moment, or not at all. For once, DH calls her on this! "Well, it seems everyone else always seem to know what is going on...they show up and you don't or they have what they need and you don't...so either they are purposely excluding you, or you aren't paying attention! I'm leaning toward you not paying attention!!!" Uh...aba...um...crickets!

At lunch, the restaurant was not cheap ($12 for a salad...entree's $15+). I find the child's menu, and I tell SheSloth to pick from there. She gives me an attitude because she is not allowed to pick whatever she wants as usual! DH gives me this look and I tell him, "I'm not paying for a regular plate when she won't eat it!" (Child's plates were all $6). How right I was! SheSloth picks the kid's cheese quesadilla...which has beans and rice for sides. The quesadilla was two 6" corn tortillas with some cheese in the middle. SheSloth eats the equivalent of 1 corn tortilla with a little cheese and doesn't touch the beans or rice! Like clockwork, she disappears to the bathroom for about 10 minutes, and claims she is full when she gets back to the table! How can DH be so blind to this?! Of course, she also downed 4 glasses if sweet tea (she seemed to forget this has calories). The sugar drinks are the only reason she doesn't drop pounds!

I've made it clear to DH that I'm done with waste! I just cleaned out the fridge, freezer, and pantry this week! Lots of stuff that SheSloth had asked for in the past, and never are...now expired, freezer burned, or a science experiment! I'm done! She eats what is bought, and I'm not buying anything that DH or I won't eat if she doesn't! That also goes for eating out...child's menu from now on! If she actually eats it and is still hungry, she can order something else when she is done (like at Wendy's or something...she can go back and get another jr burger), or she can have a snack at home (when we are at a place where it takes time to get more food). I doubt she will ever eat more than a kids plate! And no brining it home only to rot in my fridge! I'm done!

Calypso1977's picture

the kid has learned she can ask at the 11th hour for stuff because you guys always scramble to get it for her.

id let her go without the black V-neck and tell her next time she should ask further in advance.

good for holding your ground on the kids meal.

CantKeepDoingThis's picture

MIL ended up taking SheSloth for her shirt. MIL thinks SheSloth doesn't like her (because the way she treated MIL last weekend), so she is trying to win her over. I don't agree with it, but not my place to say. I was telling DH just tonight that it is sad...the boy grandchildren are more loving and appreciative of MIL than the girls! Kinda understand BD23 not being as close...she is the oldest, and was 9 when MIL came into her life. Because of emotional wounds from my first marriage, she was very slow to open up to DH's family, and was into her teens by the time she did. SheSloth and my niece treat MIL like crap! My nephew always wants to to be with his grandma...he's 13. BS19 loves my MIL...same thing...always ready to go someplace with grandma! BS19 and nephew are real close. Before BS19 left for college, he gave MIL this big hug and didn't want to let go. He even took the time out of his studies today to text my MIL happy birthday (and took some time to call me).

I've already made it very clear to SheSloth that I'm not going out of my way for her. She and DH have learned to not even ask me for rides any more. She tried to argue about the child's menu thing, but it didn't work. DH at first thought I was wrong, but even he could see the food left on SheSloth's plate! Couldn't argue that! I think he was also shocked when he looked in the pantry, freezer, and fridge..how bare they suddenly seemed. When I explained that I threw out the equivalent of about $100 worth of groceries, he looked even more shocked!

Calypso1977's picture

these kids are out of control.

grandparents make it worse. they seem to think they can do whatever they want!

my FIL gives SD13 cash money all the time, despite my fiance telling him not to. she doesnt deserve it, and finally my fiance started taking the money from her saying he will put it in a savings for her because she just blows it on junk like 100s of iphone cases. She's of course pissed about this.

the sickening part is that SD will hug him and show him fake affection which he thinks is real. She does it of course because the more hugs she gives = higher cash payment. Sometimes he's give her money without us around which she then pockets. She is so freakin' sneaky! I hate her!