You are here

Oh no she didn't!

CantKeepDoingThis's picture

SD15 has decided tonight that she wants dinner. DH is working late on a huge project at work. I was in the kitchen fixing myself something to eat around 6:00 p.m...SD15 was just laying on the couch texting. After 7:00 p.m., I get a text from her asking if I'm cooking anything for dinner! Really? If DH were home, sure I would cook...but I am NOT cooking for her and her alone...heck no! There is sandwich stuff, canned pasta, sausages...she can make herself something to eat if she is really that hungry! I am so aggravated right now!! Lazy princess!!

I also made it a point to remind her that if she does decide to eat canned pasta, she needs to cover her food in the microwave, because I don't appreciate having to clean the microwave to use it, because she is too lazy to reach over and grab a paper towel to put over her food (like I had to this morning).

She is one of the laziest people on the planet! Sure, I was in my office working on addressing BS19's graduation invitations. The house is NOT big! She could have gotten off of her lazy butt to walk over and ask me!! When you are in the same house, there is no reason to text, but that seems to be how all the kids are doing it these days. Screw actual human interaction! Why should they get off their butts to come ask you something when they can just text you? She didn't even bother to ask one of the many times I walked through there to get to the laundry, which I'm also doing tonight.

twopines's picture

If girly texted me like that FROM THE COUCH, I'd yell so loud she wouldn't be able to see straight.

Wouldn't work. She does this kind of crap all the time. She will be in her room and needs to ask DH something...she texts him. He has told her many, many times...just get up and come talk to him...he is not going to have a conversation with her over text messages. She still does it, and it still yields the same response...DH texting her back and telling her "come here". If she isn't going to care enough to walk over to where he is, he isn't going to care enough to walk over to her room to talk to her about it. He isn't her dog!

LOL...when she texted me, I stepped out of my office, and like a total smart ass said, "Do you see me cooking?" A bit later, I walked through to check on my laundry, and she was standing in the pantry trying to figure out what she was going to eat. I gave her only 3 options, and told her she had to eat one of those. She grabbed a can of canned pasta, and I handed her a paper towel and said, "Here, since you don't seem to clean up after yourself when your food splatters all over the microwave! Cover it!"

I know she will probably text DH and tell him that I was on her case...oh well. I will tell him straight up..."Before I could make my tea this morning, I had to clean up HER mess in the microwave that was left over from Friday. Then, after she gets home from school, I had to clear out the kitchen sink drain, because she pulled out the strainer and put chunks of sour milk down the drain with cold water and it was clogging up...when she has been told many times not to put any kind of solids down the sink. THEN, she TEXTS me and asks if I'm cooking dinner? When did I become the maid?" I'm sure he would get my point after that kind of rant!

Painter21's picture

SS17 (when I cooked for him) used to ask me what we were having for dinner as soon as he walked in from school and before he headed downstairs. So one day when he walked in, I said "we're having roast for dinner by the way" - then he had a dummy spit at DH and me because I didn't ask about his day and that was all I said to him and he thought that was rude! Sheesh.

luchay's picture

My sd13 would never in a million years ask ME (i.e. the person who cooks in this house) what was for tea, she instead asks OH right in front of me.... over and over... he tells her he doesn't know, five minutes later "dadddyyyyyy, whaaat's for teeeeeeaaaaaa?" "I don't know".....rinse and repeat.

And I am RIGHT there.

Why the f*ck can't he say to her "why don't you ask Luchay seeing as she is cooking?"

Well not these days. That was how it used to be, until the day I was cooking a roast, and for two freaking hours I had to put up with "daaaaaadddddyyyyy, when will tea be readdddyyyyyyy?" "I don't know"

Over and over this went.

I was right there in the room with them, apart from when I popped in and out of the kitchen to - you know - COOK THEIR BLOODY TEA!

But not once did she address me, and not once did he call her out on her rudeness.

We had a huge fight (apparently big scary Luchay is too scary to talk directly to, Miss 13 and bigger than Luchay is so shy and scared she can only talk across me to DAdddddyyyyyy!"

F that. I do not cook for skids anymore. His bad mannered, picky little (big) snots, his problem!

Patsy's picture

I would have texted so sweetly. I made new York strip and baked potates its in the microwave. Then laughed when she actually checked it!

Binkini2002's picture

My fiance has a FT 15yo son. The kid will practically NEVER cook for himself. And by cook I mean microwave something, make a sandwich, etc. It boils my blood when the kid yells from his room asking his father for food, or yelling if he can have a drink! Half the time the kid complains there's nothing good to eat (although the same choices were fine yesterday) and asks for take-out. Which of course ends up being a list which ends up costing $20+ for the night.

Of course my honey jumps up and goes through all the choices which might please the young price. God forbid he gets up and helps himself.

I used to go out of my way to cook things the kid liked (homemade mac & cheese, hot wings, cookies, etc) because I thought it would be a break for my guy since all he had to do was dish it up or warm it up. NO MORE! The kid has never said thanks for any of it. His practically non-existent mother can do the bitch work. I stopped mending/altering his school uniforms. I stopped offering to pick him up from parties and take his butt to school when he missed the bus.

I wouldn't cook solely for her either, good for you for not bending.

SD15 has tried to pull that crap saying there is nothing "good" to eat, and begging DH to run to get fast food. SD15 will hardly eat anything that isn't junk food. She does have eating disorders...she will starve for several days, and then give in to her hunger only to purge after her binge. DH I think is starting to see the problem. He is on to her more these days about not eating, or not eating anything with any nutritional value.

SD15 has tried to pull that crap saying there is nothing "good" to eat, and begging DH to run to get fast food. SD15 will hardly eat anything that isn't junk food. She does have eating disorders...she will starve for several days, and then give in to her hunger only to purge after her binge. DH I think is starting to see the problem. He is on to her more these days about not eating, or not eating anything with any nutritional value.

Orange County Ca's picture

I also would ignore all texts and tell husband to do the same. As long as he offers any response what-so-ever it'll continue. She was probably experiencing a lull in her friends on-going text conversations and that's why he got one.

Can you get her phone long enough to erase your phone number. If not call your provider (Verizon or whatever) and ask them how to block a number and do it. If she's in trouble she can see the school nurse, call Daddy or 911 as appropriate.

I text my niece "eat" when visiting her home and a meal is ready but she's downstairs and it saves yelling.

GOOD you didn't cook.

I've been trying to convince DH to ignore her texts. The worst is when she texts him while he is driving...and she KNOWS that he is driving! He will call her and ask, "What am I doing right now?" When she acknowledges that she knew he was driving, then he is like, "Then, why the hell are you texting me!" His car has that bluetooth setup where he can make calls totally hands free. He gets on her case all the time about how impersonal texting is, and that if she needs to ask him something, if she is at home she needs to come talk to him, and if she is not home, she needs to use her phone as a phone, and call him and talk to him!!!

In some ways, I hate where technology has gone! Everything is so impersonal now. Teenagers are the worst about it, because they grew up in this age! At least most adults still prefer to talk to a person. So much is removed from the communication when it is just words...which DH keeps trying to explain to SD15. Without vocal queues and such, you can't tell the emotion behind the words. Now, sometimes this is a good thing (like when you don't want your boss to know that you are totally ticked off at them). But at other times, words can be taken the wrong way, because of how the person perceives the words. Kids just don't get it!

Now, I KNOW that when I read SD15's text yesterday, I could read it with tons of attitude, but that is because that is the ways she always is...especially with me when DH is not around. When DH is around, she tries to say I don't like her and she doesn't understand why...tries to act sweet toward me and all. But when he isn't around, it is total disdain, and she wonders why she gets the response out of me she does! But of course, must be my fault, right?

Just walked through the TV room to get the cats out of the laundry room (they stay in there at night while we sleep, because they tend to "malfunction"). Dirty socks, dirty dishes...guess DH needs to deal with that when he gets home!

SD15 tried to pull the text thing on DH again last night. When SD15 came out of her room, DH made it a point to tell her yet again that if she is in the same house as the person she wants to talk to, she needs to get off of her butt and go talk to them...not text them! He told her it makes her come off as rude and anti-social. (sound of popcorn crunching)