You are here

Is this normal behavior for a rebellious teen?

pjsmiles78's picture

My 13 year old SS has always been a defiant little brat. He's manipulative, rude, arrogant, and just flat out hard to be around. I have been his SM for 7 years now and he's pretty much always treated me like crap but now that's he's older his behavior towards me has definitely changed and not for the better. He used to just throw the mother of all temper tantrums to get what he wants now he perfected the art of manipulation. If his lips are moving he's lieing to you and he's gotten super sneaky with things he does. He shoves his dirty clothes under things and in corners and then whines that he doesn't have any clothes. He will steal food and hide it in his room and whine when he can't find that particular item to eat. It's almost like he wants everybody to feel sorry for him. The most confusing part of all of this is he has a dog that he has had for the last 4 years. This dog is a member of the family and we love her dearly. She sleeps with SS in his room which is on the lower level of the house. We have a tri - level home with a walk out basement. SS room is down there along with a storage area off of the laundry room. Yesterday I went into the storage area to find a scrapbook for my BD to take to school for a project and the smell of urine was so overwhelming. Upon further investigation I found boxes covered in urine, so badly the bottoms had started to fall away from them. All of my bio kids baby things including pics, outfits and other keepsakes r completely ruined along with other family momentos. I was devastated and upon confronting SS he claims it's the dog. Now I'm not that stupid that a dog can pee inside one box and not get a drop on another box and keep in mind the boxes were stacked and it's almost as if the lids were opened and my items were targeted. I played into his game and said fine then roxy needs to go because I will not have a dog peeing all over my home. He never backed down or admitted a thing and seems more than content with giving up his dog to stick with his story. This is a whole new level of behavior. Has anyone else dealt with distructive/manipulative behavior like this from a teenager?

pjsmiles78's picture

We have no other pets and roxy has never had accidents in the house before. I'm convinced it's my SS that did it so maybe I will back him into the corner with a doggie dna story. See if I can catch him in his own game.

ChiefGrownup's picture

They sell doggy dna kits at petsmart. The intention is to find out what breed your dog is. But surely they will also tell you if it's not dog dna at all. Last time I noticed them they were selling for $50-$75 range. Well worth it in my opinion to get cold hard truth in front of you dh.

I also know they do dog vs. human dna testing at UC Davis veterinary school in California. Don't know how much it costs.

Aniki-Moderator's picture

Time to get a motion-activated camera. What a little shi'thead!!

Mikhaila87's picture

Get it DNA'd....that is bang out of line!!! If things have been targeted...surely a dog can get its leg so high? And cant open things up to get it soaked through? What does your partner have to say about his childs behaviour?

pjsmiles78's picture

My DH is doing what he does best, listening to his demon spawns bullshit. I told him there is no way that dog climbed on a pile of boxes and peed all over only my stuff. I told him the thing that scares me the most is how emotionally unattached the little shit is from what he's done, the items he's ruined which can never be replaced and how he's ok with the idea of getting rid of a pet. He's incapable of feeling remorse or obviously love for a pet.

ChiefGrownup's picture

Not normal teen behavior. It's psychopath behavior. I hope you protect the dog from him.

MarriedaBallessWonder's picture

I agree with this as well.

That kid is messed up in the head. I bet his passive-aggressive BS will escalate.

He's a sicko.

icehockey101's picture

My SS16 (then 14) peed into the air vent (on the floor) the day he left from visitation (Thanksgiving - he wouldn't be back until summer). DH played the "it was the dog/cat" game... until I pointed out that they would have to have incredible aim and it didn't smell like dog/cat urine. There is a difference in smell and it was human. DH was pissed - especially when it took WEEKS of cleaning to make the smell go away.

SS still does all the manipulative crap (especially with BM who falls for it), lies constantly, and sneaks food ALL THE TIME. It is frustrating to say the least. DH at least is more up front about addressing the issues with SS, but it still makes it challenging when SS comes to visit.

Tuff Noogies's picture

:O great. so this is what i have to look forward to w/ yss? and dh wonders why i still hide my hair- and toothbrush.

lovely...

Aniki-Moderator's picture

Jeez, if the skids even bothered to brush their teeth (or comb their hair), I'd truly be tempted to scrub the toilet with their toothbrushes!!!

Calypso1977's picture

i agree, keep the doggie away from him. obviously he doesnt care about it if he is willing to let it go rather than fess up to his deviant behavior.

pet urine smells NOTHING like human urine. what does the boys father say about this??

pjsmiles78's picture

My DH is in complete denial and can't even fathom that his precious little angel would do something so evil. He's just as stupid as his little brat is.

Rags's picture

Oh hell no that is not normal in any way! How could possibly even ask if that is normal behavior for anyone including a 13yo?

I would take a belt to his bare ass until it would make hamburger look like a whole steak. I would treat him like a puppy that is being house trained. Rub his nose in every single dribble he has put on anything until his nose is rubbed off of his face and I might even make him eat every rancid piss covered piece of cardboard box and scrub and disinfect everything in each box until he would puke at the very smell of urine for the rest of his disgusting POS life.

Instead of the dog, the Skid would be gone and never return to my home. Dump his nasty ass on BM for the duration and do it now.

:sick:

That kid would rue the day he ever met me if he were my SKid. I would paddle his ass to bloody hamburger every time I laid eyes on him if I was in your situation. He would piss his pants every time he laid eyes on me and when he did I would light his ass up again. He would be a sniveling pissing moaning moron after I was through with him.

Grrrrrr!!!!!!!!!

I don't give a shit that he is only 13. A 13yo knows full well what is right and what is wrong and the choice to piss on the belongings of you and your kids would that kid's last day as anything but miserable until he fell off of my planet.

OMFG!!!! I would have the piss tested to prove that SS-13 is the phantom pisser and I would own his toxic ass for the rest of his miserable life for that crap.

Grow some balls and eliminate this problem. NOW!!!!!!

Even more nauseating than this disgusting POS kid is where the hell is your husband and why hasn't beat his toxic spawn to clarity? That your husband is not hip deep up SS's ass tells me that it is time for both of them to be gone. Boot both of them now or get your forehand and backhand tennis swing in prime shape to beat SS's ass.

IMHO of course.