You are here

Miracles do happen

over step's picture

So sd15 was supposed to come for a weekend visit this past weekend. First visit since she threw the tantrum over the phone and accused dad of not ever taking her side over me. Her and dad was supposed to talk about that during this visit. Holding true to my suspicions Friday evening right before dad would be leaving to get her, she texts him to say she just saw the doctor and has strep. Now this may be true but in the past she has told him she was sick only to find out later she just didn't want to come. (Sd is on our health insurance so we will know if she truly did go or lied yet again depending on if we receive the eob or not.) I knew that she wouldn't come because she doesn't want to be reminded that she is overreacting and being a baby.

I have this talent of knowing just by what has happened or been said during her absence whether she will find an excuse not to come. It's become a game I play by myself. I've come to enjoy it. Dh believes her each time and ends up disappointed when he finds out the truth. I do a happy dance inside ever time she cancels a visit.

SM12's picture

I will admit I get a giddy sense of joy out of finding out MSS is not coming over. OSS phased out a few years ago and now because he didn't get his way with yet ANOTHER brand new cell phone, refuses to have any contact with DH at all. MSS comes and goes as he chooses which is allowed by BM and DH. DH gets all butthurt when MSS doesn't ome but refuses to make him come. I, however, feel like a 1000 ton boulder has been lifted when he doesn't come. Of course, my SS's aren't even smart enough to lie about why they don't come. They just lie and say they will come the next time, and then don't. My only fear is that DH will be so hurt by the OSS and MSS that he actually makes it worse by showering YSS with gifts and bribes to keep him around. So far he hasn't done that...hoping for the best there. I give YSS 2 or 3 more years and BM will have him phased out too. The thing is...she really has no clue that she is only doing me a huge favor. }:)