You are here

Kids act weird after visit with BM

Smomof3's picture

My Skids act weird after being with their BM. My SS13 came home yesterday and was distant, tired and all around odd acting. He's fine today, but yesterday he couldn't even eat.

This isn't his regular demeanor, but more the demeanor of his sister who is living with BM on a trial basis. What could the BM be doing to make him act this way? I know in the past she has grilled the kids on our every move and constantly tries to plan the seeds of doubt in his mind concerning us. She will also harp on an uncomfortable subject and after a while he will cave to get her to shut up.

Anywho78's picture

My SKids come back from their BM moody and tired...here's why -

ZERO bedtime (SS9 was going to sleep at around 4:30am when the TV was FINALLY turned off & SD8 usually fell asleep around 2:30am)
Early wake up times (9am)
Unlimited television, whatever they wanted to watch
NO real brain use for the duration of their trips
Ate crap for their entire visit

These are all good reasons for a kid to come back asking tired. Plus, poor diet can cause lower energy levels & the such.

If he's good now, I'd chalk it up to him being tired or drained.

3familiesIn1's picture

Bedtime, food.

SS6 STB7 had an all out meltdown on Saturday. Normally DH picks them up at 6pm. BM was out dropping off some friend of SD12's so she dropped them off (rare thing)

SS6 refused to get out of the car - screaming, kicking, yelling until hoarse, slamming things, punching at DH, screaming no no no no I want to go with Mami!!!

Come to find out, the kid was out with friends all day swimming, had nothing to eat but 2 bags of chips, a couple nuts and some cheese-its.

Way to go BM.

SS is known to be a bad sleeper because he still sleeps with BM in her bed at her house and watches the TV until way into the night then early in the morning - add no sleep to no food and outside play all day = monster.

Gee thanks BM - stupid bitch.

buterfly_2011's picture

My son acts weird from when he comes back from his fathers. And his father says he acts weird when he comes from being at home with me. I think it's the trying to adapt to different households. If you aren't parenting the same etc that can get exhausting for kids. I usually always give my son the downtime he needs to get back into routine at our house.

Smomof3's picture

She wants to be a counselor and I thnk she picks his brain all weekend long...along with inadequate sleep and poor diet.