You are here

Just don't care how they turn out anymore

Somuchdrama's picture

I am just to the point where I could care less about how the skids turn out. I found SS17 progress report. He is failing 5 out of 6 classes. I just put it back where I found it. We refuse to support him for the rest of his life so I guess BM better enjoy living with him. This type of thing used to really bother me but I just don't care anymore.

WickedStepMom18's picture

I got there this week! I realized, if I am the only one who appears to care - peace out! My SS15 knows it all (and is failing everything except Art and Gym) - so when the time comes for him to be an adult (he thinks at 15, he is already an adult!) I am going to sit back (with a glass of Merlot) and watch. The big, bad world out there can school him on what he actually knows.

Somuchdrama's picture

Where do these kids think they are going in life if they can't even get a high school diploma?

Rags's picture

We took a different approach. We kept the fire lit under SS-22's ass and brought the every more unpleasant consequences down with all of the pain we could muster in order to get him to launch. We were of the mind to let him slide and suffer the consequences of his lack of effort when he was 18 that he would be unable to support himself. So we flogged him towards the finish line of a HS diploma with good enough grades for him to have options so that he could launch.

To create the final burning platform to get him to launch we worked his ass off as our live in beck and call boy/chore bitch until he caught a clue and enlisted in the USAF.

He is doing great, is building a future and a life for himself and his mom and I are enjoying our own life adventure without having to worry about his safety and idiot decisions. He is under the supervision of people who are subject matter experts at keeping young people focused and and are the worlds premier authority on keeping kids from shoving their own heads up their own asses.

The benefit is that we also made good family memories and strong family connections together though at the time it often seemed nearly futile at times.

DarkStar's picture

Yeah, Rags' book would be great!!!!!

I can see the title now......"How to bare asses and survive with the Sperm Clan"

Rags's picture

Barring and beating ass. Pummeling the toxic opposition into submission: A Step Parent's guide to building a survivable and thrivable blended family experience.

Chapters:

1. Yes, they are idiots and you know it.
2. Idiots get no respect, so don't respect them.
3. The subhuman shallow and polluted half of your skid's gene pool. How to keep them stewing in their own cesspool while setting you Skid(s) up to live a quality life of character.
4. It is all about that $bank, no mercy.
5. No means no and other words of power.
6. Destroying them socially, financially, and legally while loving every moment of it. }:)
7. The CO; learn it, live it, love it. They won’t.
8. Celebrating your victory and launching your Skid to viable adulthood in spite of the shallow and polluted half of their gene pool.
9. The Skid has launched. Loving your new life free of blended family opposition drama. Yes, you really do have post traumatic stress to deal with.
10.Yeah, yeah, yeah, all of your friends and family say you have to play nice with the oppositon. If they are reasonble then be reasonable and work with them but meh …… you are a Step Parent and know that reasonable is not something the blended family oppostion does well.