You are here

It's 2:30 a.m...do you know where your child is?

CantKeepDoingThis's picture

DH just got a call, and his is at the police station! Yup, you read that right! SheSlith was supposed to be spending the night with a friend of hers. When I asked DH why on earth he was having to go get SheSloth at all hours of the early morning, he said the cops have her and won't release her to anyone but a parent. Supposedly, SheSloth and her little friend wanted to go for a walk, and were caught out past curfew! The curfew for minors is midnight. The dad of the girl SheSlith was staying with is a well known church worship leader in the area, and I inow the girl's parents would not have let the girls go out for a walk after midnight! That means it is highly likely they had snuck out of the house!

I almost feel bad for DH and my MIL, because if SheSloth got this girl into trouble? Yeah...I know preacher's kids are some of the worse...heard the stories and saw first hand with my cousins by marriage (my stepdad's BIL was a preacher AND the school superintendent in their town, and my cousins were always sneaking out drinking and stuff). So I'm surely not sayin because of who this girl's parents are, she is harmless. I'm just saying this looks bad on DH! Of course, it can all be blamed on him! His lack of real parenting...sad thing is part of me hopes the cops found something on SheSloth! Of course, another part of me is sitting here wondering how much this is going to cost us! If that girl wipes out what is left in the bank acct with this crap? I can promise the little she is getting for Christmas will be returned! DH spent $50 in that stupid guard necklace.

How can I even sleep right now? It's a week until we get paid, and if DH has to pay some heafty fine due to this girl's stupidity?

Just looked it up. If they cite SheSloth or DH for this crap, it's a $300 fine! And that is if it is ONLY a curfew violation! I'm not happy right now, and I'm too mad to even think about sleep! $300 for some stupidity? Seriously...if a citation is involved...Merry Christmas! Girl will not get anything else! I don't care what DH says about it! Take a walk my ass! Seriously...I am so mad right now part of me wants to get in my car and go up to the gym and take some shots at the bag (it's a 24/7 key accessed facility). That is seriously how mad I am right now looking at this! Why? Because I know if there is a citation involved, DH will come home in a mood, tell me we have to find $300 to pay this fine, I'll ask him how he supposed I do that, and it will turn into a huge fight!

Rags's picture

If there is a fine DH should leave the Sloth in jail for the holidays. I would and so would my wife if our kid had been arrested under our proverbial roof.

twoviewpoints's picture

The little snot. Lucky she got picked up though instead of something worse happening to her. I swear teens have no brains in their heads. It's like their heads just go empty from 14-20.

Dad will have to come up with the fine (I have no clue if it's due and payable immediately), but yep. Take back her presents. Money doesn't grow on tress and Dad has to get it from somewhere. Perhaps she'll get some community service duties too?

I hope your DH realizes he has no choice but to enforce consequences on his brat now. And no, not 'the talk'. You'll never likely get the real story of just where they were off to and what they were going to do or meet. As the brat will probably lie through her teeth, you can then only assume the worst and give a heavier consequence ....I don't know, perhaps grounded from all but breathing. No activities, straight home from school, no phone, goodbye color guard...I'm sure you'll come up with something.

legmel's picture

Can't - I cannot imagine how you must feel. I know that my DH would come home and have thought out some BS story for my benefit. Keep us posted. Hugs

a_nessy_life's picture

I'm with Rags, let her stay the night. I've let my own bios sit it out after they got picked up for disturbing the peace - AKA screaming at each other in public.

DH called while I was working, asked if he should tell them to release them. No way, they can sit there in custody until I get off work and leisurely make my way to the station.

Hold a teen responsible for their delinquent actions. They have made the choice, they should own the consequences of thei decisions. Kids won't be able to depend on the parents rescuing them down the line if they continue to believe that they can buck the legal system and society.

Aniki-Moderator's picture

O.M.G. How many more excuses can DH make for SheSloth now? Is he going to wait until she's giving birth to his first grandchild next year??

Calypso1977's picture

wow.
im so sorry you are an indirect party to this circus.

in theory this should be a wake up call for all involved...but sadly, i know your DH will probably put some sort of spin on it and it wont be your SD's fault.

Evil stepmonster's picture

I'm with Rags too, she'll definitely learn a lesson. What did he teach her? That she can screw up like that and daddykins will be right there to bail her out? I've always told my kids if they end up in jail for stupidity, they will be staying there until I have the time to get to the jail.

They got home around 4 am. I point blank asked DH if there was s citation issued and if there is a fine. He said the cops let both the girls off with a very stern warning...no citation or fine! I tell him that I hope she realizes that this little stunt could have very well cost $300! DH says, "She doesn't, but she will tomorrow." I guess by this he means later today.

So, the story SheSloth is peddling is that they were only heading to the corner store to buy a soda. I'm not buying it! As a matter of fact, I just checked her phone records, and about an hour before her call to DH to come get her, there is an 8 minute call from the number that is one of two of the most popular numbers on her phone records currently...a number that only showed up shortly after the "non-boyfriend" breakup! I plan on insisting that DH find out who this number belongs to. If it is some guy...there is his real answer as to why she was out there! And no, the girl's parents did not give them permission to leave the house...didn't even know the had left! Turns out the cops did release both girls to the girl's mom...who got there first as she lives closer to the station. So DH picked SheSloth up from their house and brought her home, as I could totally understand if they didn't want SheSloth there any more!

Should be an interesting day when everyone finally wakes up! I think I'm going to head to the gym!

Aniki-Moderator's picture

Ask him if he wants a 2:30am wakeup call to change his grandbaby's diapers in 9 months.

If a baby shows up, girl goes back to her mom, or I'm gone! There is NO changing that! I will not have SheSlth living under my roof with her spawn...hell no! Making that very clear to DH!

I'm about ready to demand that she go back now! I slept all of maybe 4 hours total last night!! I don't need this crap! I have raised 2 kids and the only calls from jail I've gotten in the last 24 years were from my ex-husband...hence, part of the reason he is my ex!!! Girl is only 15! In 3 months, when she turns 16, I'm not hearing that she wants her license! She KNOWS it is against the law for her to be out in our county after midnight...this has been addressed before when she was sneaking out of BM's...she can't claim she didn't know! Yet, she still knowingly broke the law for what ever her reason! THAT shows me that there is no way in hell she should get a driver's license while still under my roof!

Calypso1977's picture

even if it wasnt a law, no minor (or really anyone else for that matter) should be out at 230am.

as a police officer friend once told me - the only people out after the bars close are fellow officers and people up to no good.

Glassslipper's picture

DS got in trouble, got a 375.00 fine, neither my self OR his father paid it...
He went to his "court date" lasted on his ticket because it said "if you can not pay your whole fine by the court date you must appear in court"
He did, he told him he didn't have all of it and asked for an extension...
I didn't break the law, I didn't get in trouble...I wasn't paying for HIS mistake...
He worked odd jobs around the neighborhood and our home for minimum wage to earn that money.
Taught him a lesson too...
He was a strait A student after that, involved in 3 school activities, and even possible school release next year so he can start classes at the local college...and he is only 15.

He needed to serve his OWN punishment...we didn't bail him out and it did him a huge difference...

Busted!!!! I called DH before leaving the gym to ask if I needed to bring home food! I threw in there that I looked at her phone records, and SheSloth received an 8 minute call shortly before getting picked up by the cops! I here him immediately go in her room and demand to know who she talked to. She first tried to say she didn't know...I heard this over the phone and said, "Bull! It is one of the top two numbers she texts all the time!!!" I hear him relay this too her, and she suddenly says some boys name!!! DH immediately says he has to go...meaning is is getting ready to tear into the girl!

DH actually asked me what I thought the punishment should be when I got home. Told him all devices had to be taken away! Then, I couldn't help it...I am so mad at the whole thing, I laid into her!!! 1) She broke the law; 2) She lied about what she was doing...and by the way, there is only one reason a guy meets a girl at 2 am and it's a booty call; 3) She involved someone else; 4) She broke her friend's and our house rules; and 5) She made DH and MIL look like idiots! Yes, I spelled these out to her! I then made it perfectly clear that she will not get a driver's license while living in this house as she has made it completely clear she has no regard for the law!!!

DH has taken away all devices indefinitely. Don't know how long it will actually last, but it looks like girl will have a very boring Christmas break!! The food I brought home? I only got her a salad...not her usual treats. I told her she could drink water...I was not rewarding with sodas or any other goodies! She is now back to doing laundry, and that is all she is allowed to do today...clean her room! She should be able to finally accomplish this task with no distractions!!

Calypso1977's picture

for this, your husband should keep those devices and ANYTHING fun in nature away from her for a month, minimum. and even then, she should have to EARN them back.

My MIL let her know she was NOT happy when she found out!! "Those are my friends!!! How could you make me look like an idiot like that? I really feel like I need to go apologize to them, now!" My MIL is still upset about it...and is barely talking to SheSloth!

Don't know if he has a "next time we plan"! I can say that this incident is bring more heat on SheSloth than any other! Like I pointed out...she involved someone else in this one...the daughter of MIL's good friends! That is way MIL is so upset!

SheSloth is on what DH calls the Edison Grounding...she cannot use anything invented after the light bulb. So she isn't even allowed to use her hair straightener or hair dryer...lol! DH told her he hopes she has plenty of reading material, because that is all she is doing winter break! Oh, and he made her give him the password to her phone and other devices...hope he does some cleaning up and locking down!

I hope he does, too. MIL came down really hard on her last night when she found out. I don't think I've ever seen MIL that upset!

SheSloth goes to BM's late tonight...so she will basically not be grounded as long as she is there. BM doesn't follow through with any punishment from our house, and SheSloth will be on BM's devices to be sure to let all of her "dear social media followers" know she won't be posting for awhile! Yes, that is what she did when she got grounded for the yearbook thing...lIke her "friends in cyberspace" even care! You mean all the pedophiles that follow your Instagram because of your boob selfies and sports bra pics? Girl really doesn't get it!

BarkAtTheMoon's picture

Wow, Can't! What a pain in the ass this must be, but also a blessing in disguise! Thank goodness DH has brought down the hammer on SheSloth via Edison's Grounding lol! Love that one!

~ Moon

For certain it has opened some eyes! MIL law used to think that SheSloth was this sweet innocent girl who loved Jesus! Now, she knows that she is the kind of girl who sneaks out in the middle of the night to meet guys!!! I hope DH keeps his eyes open now...I mean, it was just days ago that DH came down on her about grades, lying, etc and SheSloth was pulling the whole "I'll change...I promise...I want to be trustworthy" crap!

I'll be surprised if SheSloth gets through visit at BM's without doing something stupid! It was last winter break that she got in trouble for sneaking out of BM's house and sneaking her stepdad's tequila! Oh...and last New Years' was when SheSloth and BM conspired for SheSloth to spend the night at a guy's house New Year's Eve...when she was supposedly dating another guy! I have a feeling more surprises are in store!

cant win for losin's picture

Im a firm believer in work punishments. Surely there are some dreaded chores, or things on your list youve been procrastinating on?

Reorganize the basement. Cleaning baseboards, yard work, washing windows.....you get my point. Wink