You are here

I want to run away for the weekend!

CantKeepDoingThis's picture

SheSloth is NOT going to BM's. There is another competition tomorrow (hopefully the last for this season) that it isn't looking like I'm going to get out of. There will be Sunday morning at chuch, which I hope my decision to sit in the front row will deter her from sitting anywhere near me! I find I dread the weekends...DH insisting that SheSloth hang out with us in the TV room to watch something that she is no where interested in. Me having to listen to her wretched singing from across the house. DH constantly yelling at her from the other end of the house simply to ask her what she is doing. The arguments because I won't let her order whatever she wants when we stop for Sunday morning Starbucks, or if we go out to eat after church. UGH! The weekends are supposed to be a time of rest, relaxation, and/or fun! No, for me it is a time of tension, and waiting for the work week to start again simply because I know that means she has to go back to school!

At least I got a bit of a break this week. Because I had to work last weekend, my boss gave me time off in the middle of the week. I did a little shopping...something I can't ever do on the weekend because DH will INSIST that I take SheSloth with me for "bonding" time, and it turns out being an attitude fest because how dare I buy anything for myself with MY money and not buy her what she asks for!

Somuchdrama's picture

I'm sorry! I am actually making plans this weekend without my DH and skids. It feels good to know I won't be taken advantage of all weekend by kids that care nothing about me. My only regret is that I know it hurts DH that I don't want to be around them. I can't help the kind of jerks they are!

Tiffanyartist11's picture

I can relate. I also dread the weekends. It's just not right being thrown from your own home because they've invaded it.

BarkAtTheMoon's picture

I dread every day at 5pm when I walk in the door from work to SD13. I am going to get my hair done tomorrow. For a good long time.

I also bought a new SUV tonight. }:) I can go sleep in it if they drive me nuts. Blum 3

~ Moon

At least I have the gym to go to evenings. But I know what you mean, Bark! 4:25 pm, I can feel that tension knowing she is about to walk through that door! I eat my dinner around 3:45 so that I can eat and get my dishes done before she gets home, because I don't want to even see her. 5:00, and I'm booking it out the door to the gym!

Girl was sooooo annoying last night! Because of homecoming festivities, the band did there performance before the game. Immediately after, SheSloth is texting DH with the "did you see me" crap! During 2nd quarter, SheSloth texts DH to get her water. He tells her he doesn't have cash...asking where her gallon jug is. She claims it spilled and she has no water left. DH texts her to go fill it it get a friend to fill it. She gives a billion excuses and asks DH to just leave the game, go get cash, then come back and buy her water! He was seriously considering it until I flat out told him no! I pointed out if it were an away game she wouldn't have him to be her gopher...she can figure it out! She has plenty of people not in the band who she could ask to go fill her water jug for free...shoot, she could even ask DH to fill her jug. But no...she expects DH to run everywhere and spend money! He pretty much got the hint that I would be more than pissed if he caved to her demand!

We will leave soon for this competition. I so pray they don't advance! I'm not having the fight about us not driving to San Antonio wasting $50 in gas and $20+ in entrance fees for 10 minutes of show, and have to put up with her begging to buy this and that.

Oh...and how is this for trying to lie about something. There was a streaker at last night's game. It happened at the coin toss. SheSloth and the rest of the guard were still on the track at the end of the field where the streaker came running in. However, SheSloth claims she didn't see anything!!! Even if she was turned away originally, I'm not buying that when someone screamed "he's naked" that SheSlith didn't look!! Why not admit it? Are you afraid it is going to tarnish dear daddy's image of you being pure if you admit you saw the naked boy that everyone else in the stadium saw? Come on!

As much as I would want the band as a whole to be successful, I hope they don't move on! DH is already determined that the are going to the next level, and is saying we BOTH must go to San Antonio next weekend. I told him we really don't have the gas money (and we don't, because DH didn't file his expense report for 2 months...thus, money was spent out of our normal budget for him to drive around town all day for his job...he finally filed them last weekend, but they mast or may not be in this check). He immediately went on the defensive, about how he needs to be at every performance to show support for SheSloth, and I need to be, too! Yup...here goes another fight! It doesn't matter that she treats me like crap, I'm supposed to bend over backwards to try to make SheSloth feel all warm and fuzzy! He tries to say again that SheSloth is trying to be better. B.S.!!!! I point out she is still texting during class, which she has been told multiple times to stop. She just this week didn't take the trash to the curb again...and I did it only because I need to clean out the fridge and don't want to deal with a full can. Her ONE actual chore, and she never does it unless told! Just last week, she left all her dishes in the TV room again! Just this past week we had the drama about the pep rally which was full of lies about when she first knew about the event. Since reports cards came out, she got 4 NEW tardies. She's currently running all C's in her classes! Yeah...she's really trying to be better!

And Miss Perfect was the worst of the color guard today. She flubbed 2 flag tosses, dropped her rifle (wasn't even a toss), and was out of sync a few times. One other girl dropped a flag once, and that was the only other color guard mistake besides SheSloth's! I don't thing the band will move on, simply because they aren't up to the division yet. 23 bands...only 4 move on. There are at least 2 bands in their division that have a long reputation of having amazing programs...bands I went up against in high school, and BD23 went up against...and the were still as amazing 20 years later! Another band I saw today had an awesome, very technical, traditional program (all you band geeks know what I'm talking about with traditional...really tight, interweaving, one mistake and it hurts). Our band wasn't very technical, and they had areas where there were some volume issues. I get that they were trying to create dynamic, but you have to be able to tell what is being played, and you couldn't. They also use props. I'm not a big fan of props! They are great for Friday night half time...but they tend to be a means to distract from sloppy marching. Nothing compares to a good, strong, technical marching program.

Whew! Competition season is over! They didn't even get to finals, so I won't get drug back up there to watch them again this evening! Yes, that would have happened, especially after the argument earlier! This means that maybe SheSloth will get back into going to BM's on the weekends...at least until winter guard competition starts (which I think is Februray). At least, until BM does something stupid to piss her off. I can hope she keeps the dear in her good graces!

Oh, and I never mentioned...more ammo that there is no boyfriend. Yesterday was Homecoming. Now, you would expect that if there were a boyfriend, he would have gotten her something! Even if it were a small mum for $20, right? NOTHING!!! So I know at least this boyfriend who is in her class and in band doesn't exist! If she is dating someone, it is someone she knows DH will not approve of!

She is now texting DH bugging if she can go to the dance tonight, now that the band is coming back early. DH has said no, but she is blowing up his phone trying to argue her case!!! I told him, "You know how she does it...she will try to wear you down until you say yes." He asserted that he is not going to let her go! She has to be up early for church, and she didn't get up this morning on her own like she was supposed to! He also doesn't want to have to go back up to the school at midnight to pick her up, or stay awake waiting for a friend of hers to bring her home! Let's hope he holds his ground! Especially so nice I personally don't trust her to stay at the dance, since I don't think she is dating who she claims she is! I don't want no babies in this house!

Sorry about all the updates today, but OMG!

SheSloth is being a total b***h! She's slamming things, having attitude! She is going on and on about how they aren't going to the state competition because these people wouldn't fix their tuning, and these people didn't fix their marching, and she did everything PERFECT! (See fumbles above) Because a bunch of people think it is no big deal that they didn't go to state, they are the reason because they never cared! Oh, and this means that she can't get her letter jacket early, because you have to go to state or put in 3 years to get your jacket! Yeah, that seems to be her biggest concern! "I'm the only vet who doesn't have a jacket!" Um, that is because you threw a hissy fit last winter guard season and quit, and the squad went on to state! So, blame yourself, not the band!

I can also promise you that her attitude has to do with DH not letting her go to the dance tonight. Oh well, princess! And the way things go with SheSloth, this crap will drag on through tomorrow! There goes the rest of the weekend!

BarkAtTheMoon's picture

I am SO glad they didn't make it to finals! Yaaaaay! I would personally tell DH again to shove it as far as being supportive towards SheSloth. It really sounds like SheSloth is running with an older crowd that doesn't go to school dances. She has DH drop her off at places and then her peeps pick her up there for a night of festivities. Or maybe it's just ONE peep. An older peep. And we're not talking Easter peep, either! What is it going to take for DH to wake up? How bad does it have to get before DH throws down the hatchet? Ugh! Wake up DH, wake up.......

~ Moon

Oh...I'm total bad guy right now! SheSloth, after saying she wasn't hungry, comes into the kitchen to make a sandwich. I've had to put the bread in a box now to keep it fresher. She tries to manipulate the box while standing in the pantry. I tell her to take the whole thing out of the pantry and take it to where she is making her sandwich. She huffs and takes the box to the counter. She doesn't get a plate, and puts her bread slices on the counter...something she has been told not to do because she always leaves her crumbs! I tell her to get a plate, like she has been told. "I going to get one! Just haven't yet!" I tell her, "You get the plate before you take out the bread, otherwise, you defeat the purpose of the plate which is not leaving crumbs in the counter!" She huffs again, and gets a plate. She finishes making her sandwich, and comes walking into the TV room with her plate. "To the table. I was not joking the other day when I said no more eating in the TV room!" (This was when she left her dishes are n the TV room for days yet again, because she ALWAYS just up and off to her room without picking up after herself). She stomps back to the kitchen, and DH gives ME a look...like "give her a break already!" At no point did he back me up after saying in our discussion earlier he would! Yup...she's really trying...trying to get on my last nerve!

BarkAtTheMoon's picture

This happens in my house all of the time with SD13. DH will back me up sometimes, but not usually. He is more easy going and these things don't matter as much because he is a man. He helps me clean the house because of my bad back, so he is learning. I hate it when I am the bad guy and he doesn't chime in, though. So, I have started parenting DH so he can learn to parent SD13. I will say in front of both of them, to DH, "Start parenting your kid!" He's getting the hang of it. I have also started telling him I don't want to be the bad guy, so step up.

~ Moon

Church this morning was interesting. SheSloth apparently upset DH in the sound booth. He sent her to sit with me again. The kicker was, I was sitting on the front row. She sat there with all the attitude she could muster! Slouching, texting on her phone. At least she didn't have a chair in front of her to put her feet on! I sat there and ignored her, until DH texted her and sent her with my MIL, who was doing kids' church! Guess he figured it would be better if she hid in a corner of the classroom on her phone instead of being a focal point of irreverence in church!

She is still having tons of attitude today! DH just left to take her to a friend's house. I'm like...really? After the way she has been acting all day? At least it gets her away from me, so I can't complain too much. But she still getting rewarded for being a brat!

Notacelebration's picture

BM doesn't actually want her, just once in a while. From the looks of it, it's more of a, let's see who can make the prize happier. Sort of a tug of war with skid being the prize. NOT!
Would like to return please.

Always the same in ours, for the most part.
Tiptoe around skid, so she doesn't get mad.
Let skid get away with everything.
Don't teach skid anything.
Let skid be mini wife.

Once in a while DH steps up, but always gets put back in his place by skid.
Total turnoff. :sick:

Ditto!!!

We ALL must be.
I can hear the apology in his voice when he's attempting to tell her to do something. It's so wimpy. It just makes my resentment toward both of them grow. Him for not being a man, and her for being such a mouthy brat.

I've read about you all having bathroom issues with your skids. We do too! Even after addressing the issue, it still continues. It's more than disgusting. What is the problem with these girls, and their daddies?

Daddy's in denial.
Daughter is disgusting.

?????????????????????

It is worse when they want us to "bond" with these brats! Why? So we can take over and do their job? I don't think so!!

In out "discussion" this weekend, DH even acknowledged that SheSloth gets treated differently than my bios did growing up. His excuse was that I was the disciplinarian...that he was even easy on them. Bull!!! I pointed out that every time I tried to express my opinions about discipline with SheSloth, I'm always told that it is too harsh even though it is the exact same thing that was done with the bios! I brought up the texting during class thing again. DH says, "What? Are you looking at the usage 10 times a day trying to get her in trouble?" I pointed out that it being MY cell phone account, and the fact that both my bios are still on the account, I do periodically check to make sure there are no risks of overages. I told DH it was past time to lock down SheSloth's phone during school hours. I point out that when BD23 wouldn't stop texting during school hours, that is exactly what happened to her! DH asks me why I didn't just lock it down, then. I told him, "I knew if I did, she would go crying to you that her phone wasn't working during school hours (because on lock down, she can still call and text numbers on the approved list, which is only me, DH, and my MIL). Next thing I know, you are calling me asking why I locked it down, and then turning around and wanting it back unlocked because she is 'promising' that she will stop texting during class!" He tells me that the next time I see her texting during class time, just go ahead and lock it down. Okay...we will see what happens there!

My DH always politely tells his daughter that she's going to lose internet if she doesn't do, this or that. Maybe if he actually took it away every time she was a brat, she would change. She knows he's full of crap, and he won't upset her.

Lazy parenting=lazy, ignorant kids.

Exactly! Thankfully at the moment, our home internet is down for maintenance! WOOT! SheSloth doesn't have after school guard practice at the moment because marching competition is over, and winter guard doesn't start for a bit. That means, she is home right now. Sad At least I'm off to the gym! But I leave taking glee in knowing that SheSloth has no internet tonight. Oh what will she do without her SnapChat!, Kik, Instagram, and Skype? Guess that mystery boyfriend/girlfriend of hers is just gonna have to go without hearing from her tonight!