You are here

I swear he thinks I'm the nanny.

tiara247's picture

Do you get stuck with your skids? I get mad about it, because it cuts into time I like to spend with my parents and dogs. I spend time with them throughout the week, and on the weekends. I was going over Saturday AND Sunday, but he made me pick a day to stay home for "family time". I AM spending time with MY family. I need a break from him.

I get exhausted with his Disney parenting. It is like his son can do no wrong. It is so annoying every time he comes running out in his underwear, screaming "Daddy!" He is going to be bullied in school if his dad doesn't cut the apron strings. I choose to not overstep boundaries and I leave the discipline up to him, unless it directly involves me, my house, or the dogs. We just had to have a talk about him knocking on doors, because he DOESN'T do it. I've started locking my bedroom door and hiding out.

Well, my boyfriend works on Friday nights and doesn't come back until around midnight. He wants me back around 9, so "his son isn't alone at night". HE IS TWELVE, NOT A BABY. I don't want to cut the time with my family short. My dad doesn't get off of work until between 5-7 and I am sick of getting bombarded with calls and texts from both of them, asking when I will be there.

Right now, breaking up isn't an option. I am looking for a job, and then I think I will be gone. He has tried to convince me to take my birth control out. I feel like he wants to trap me with a pregnancy. I was drunk one night and literally told him that I have seen the way he "parents" and I refuse to raise a child with someone who is too lazy to take care of the kid he has now.

His son can stay home alone, or at his moms until Saturday. I am not a babysitter. I sometimes feel like he wants me to stay so bad, because he has a live in maid, cook, and babysitter he can have sex with.

tog redux's picture

Why are you letting him talk to you as if you are a teenager? "I want you back at 9" ... "pick a day for Family Time" ... ?!?!

WTF?! You make your plans, you are a grown-up. Stop letting him act like your parent.

hereiam's picture

Get.a.job.

Why are you not working? Of course, he thinks you are the nanny, he is supporting you, basically paying you to BE the nanny.

GET OUT.