You are here

I smell 10-day old fish!

CantKeepDoingThis's picture

The last 2 days, SD15 hasn't come right home from school. When I talked to DH after going offline for work, he tells me that she is at the house of the girl who SD15 supposedly got the e-cig from when she got in trouble for possessing it 2 MONTHS AGO. SD15 was not supposed to be hanging out with this girl at all anymore. DH told SD15 this that.

Well, the line SD15 has given him is that her and this girl were assigned as partners to a project more than two months ago that is now due tomorrow, so she is having to go to the girls house after school to work on it. Now, that sounds kind of fishy to me....really fishy. I mean, I don't know of high school teachers that give those kinds of projects...projects handed out usually have to be completed within the same grading period, and we are on 6-week grading periods. We are currently in week 2 of the final 6-week period. Now, I could be wrong...and the teacher may have given this project that long ago, but why aren't the two of them working on it together at school? During the class period? During advisory period (which is a period our school has that is kind of like a study hall...and an entire grade has the same time slot for advisory, so they can work on projects like this)? In the morning before classes start? I mean, I'm sure not everyone is going over to their partner's house to work on the project! I'm certain there were some partnerships the teacher had to put together, that are people who don't really like each other, or is a boy/girl combo that the parents wouldn't really go for them hanging out after school. I had plenty of partner projects in school...and we didn't have study hall period...but we always got them done AT SCHOOL! We had our part of the project we were responsible for, and we would do that at home, and bring our part the next day.

So yeah...something isn't sitting right with me on this one, especially so soon after the other trouble this weekend. Oh, and still haven't heard on if SD15 made color guard officer...not a peep! Results were supposed to be announced last week. I know if she made officer, she would be telling the world and that is all she would talk about. She tends to have these "self destructive" phases when things don't go her way. The "not feeling well" on Friday to not have to go to school, the trouble at BM's, now "hanging out" with this girl again....makes me wonder. But as usual, DH isn't questioning any of it! What an idiot!

rainbow bright83's picture

Your DH must have the same blinders as my DH. I never understood why my DH would believe even the most outlandish story/lie that SD would come up with. I never understood this.

Yeah, I really don't get it! This is the same girl with whom SD15 was with when some pictures came out over Christmas break where SD15 seriously looks stoned out of her mind...and so does the girl! Supposedly, a lot of people of told SD15 that she should not hang out with this girl...she apparently has a reputation for trouble...same kind of trouble that SD15 has been in in the past...pot smoking, drinking, etc. They have been friends since the first time SD15 moved in with us while she was still in middle school, and the couple of times I've met the girl, she has a terrible attitude. She lives with her grandparents, which are probably too old to be dealing with a teenager (nothing against grandparents who raise their grandchildren, but these folks are in their 70's, and I can easily see the girl pulling a bunch of stuff over on them). I have to wonder, where are this girl's parents?

frustratedstepdad's picture

Count my DW as having those same pair of blinders on.

SD24 put a hole in our drywall a few weeks before she left. The grandkid is the one who showed it to me. He said SD24 got mad and hit the wall. My DW got home from work and I told her about it. My gut feeling was that she probably already knew about it, and I was right. Then she said she didn't tell me when it happened because she knew I would get mad, and then time went by and she forgot to tell me.

SD24's excuse was that she was in the bed and had her leg up against the wall, she had an "anxiety attack" and her leg came down on the wall, and put a hole in it. DW actually believed that bullshit!!!!!!

You have EVERY right to be suspicious. Like Judge Judy says. How do you tell when a teenager is lying? Their lips are moving!

My DH husband did the same thing to me. I went into what we call the kids' bathroom and found a huge hole in the wall behind the door. I was like, What happened!?! my DH then tells me that before my SD18 moved out she put the hole in the wall because she was goofing around, and then laughed about it. I don't see it as funny, we RENT!!! ugh!!!!!

When the kids were all younger, they put a hole in the wall in the bathroom, and by the front door. Your classic case of slamming a door open and the door knob going through the drywall. The one in the bathroom, my bios did. The front door one, SD15 did when she was younger. I personally fixed both, and took additional measures around the house to prevent further occurrences of such. At the hardware store, I found some plates you put on walls where door knobs hit to prevent damage. Since it was also obvious that the traditional door stops didn't work, I also found these that looked like half of a stuff rubber ball. Affixed those on top of the heavy duty plates. Haven't had any more problems there, which is probably good, because SD15 slams things all the time now. I'm pretty sure there is hidden damage in her room that we will not find until she is totally out.

frustratedstepdad's picture

Hung like a horse.....hehehehe Smile

It truly is hard to have any respect for him, and it is weighing on the marriage for sure! I've been thinking about plan B...life by myself. Right now, just got to get BS19 set up with college. Then, it will be really tough to find a reason to stick around.

Totally agree with this ^^^^
I know. My DH never took the blinders off. SD ended up sleeping around. My youngest brother was the same age as her so I learned that she was known as a slut. Had to quit HS due to teen pregnancy. She has no clue who the father is. And he still to this day believes she was only with the boy she says is the dad (paternaty test is in the works)

Orange County Ca's picture

So today's the last day to get it done so no more excuses. If it comes up again Daddy can question the teacher as to the truthfulness of her story. In fact if I were Daddy I would tell the kid that if she's assigned to that girl again that's exactly what I'm going to do. Question the teach.

Oh, I already raised questions when he came home alone! DH said he was going back out to pick up SD15 later, because they weren't done. I asked him, why don't they work on it at school? Why did they wait until the last minute if they had this project for two months? DH's response was that SD15 didn't want to work with the girl. So SD15 is going to go to her house?

Sorry, I've had partners on school projects I didn't like. Most of the time, I would get stuck with some tard who was like, 'Look! I got the smart kid! I don't have to do any work!!!" I would talk to the teacher, and sometimes have do do the project solo, so I would get the credit and the slacker would get their due. All SD15 had to do was talk to the teacher from the beginning, "Hey, this girl got me into some trouble, and my dad says I can't hang out with her. Is it possible to switch partners or do it myself? You can call my dad if you need to." I'm certain the teacher would have switched partners early in the project, since it seems it was handed out about the time she got in trouble!