You are here

I dont know what to do

dacejk60's picture

My sd15 has only one chore assigned to her (empty dishwasher). Other than that its the standard look after ur own crap stuff. Simply scrape ur dish and put in dishwasher. Put ur dirty clothes into hall basket. I mean do the bare minimum for you. I do laundry, i do a lot. Waaa me. Yea i know. I like looking after mine. Wldnt mind looking after her but its not just say it once, do it twice and forget again. Its say it everytime, all the time, do it when i resort to the "now" bullshit. Doesnt help that my kids arent perfect but theyre not as sloppy and unempathetic as she. Everytime i think were on a good path its the same crap. I look back at that golden path and realize, yea u gave up tryin for a minute. I dont know what to do. I cant f"@kn stand it.

Do i have to start sneaking doing my kids stuff being able to look the other way for the occassional relapse (they love and are good to me in ways she is not). I mean i look unfair bcz if i just pick her out and stop doing, all their faults will likely be pointed out to me (mumbled under his breath). I mean really tho, they do love me, she dsnt. I feel theyre gratitude. I feel only manipulation and self entitlement from her most times. Not always, just mostly.

Any sdvice?

dacejk60's picture

I guess ive got a little ocd in me. If i let the chips fall, this would be a shthouse. I know that i also resent just not being able to do for mine and reap my reward my way w out having to do for her. Thats not her fault. She's just so oblivious to anyones needs but her own. Well wants. Her father is struggling financially and the inane requests keep a coming. She assumes if i do or get a this or that for mine, im supposed to do get for her also. No. He does just you. I do my two (school clothes, fun money etc). My late husband and i worked cery hard to be able to do the things we can for them ;and trust, shes no orphan, she gets, he does) but im not owing her their options. Oh hell. I just sound bad and i may in part be less than i could (but im also rught). There is no win here. Thelll all fly the coup, mine wi call me. She might call him. Im just venting here. In real life, im damn good to her i think. I do like her. I just dont owe her and i wish shed fet ut.