You are here

I cannot live like this

lionlove's picture

My "parnter" just arrived here from another country. For 5 years he has been absent from Bio kids (20girl, 17 girl, 14son) lives. We have been together about 6 years. I have a 10 year old, from ex and a 5 year old with "partner." He has nothing. He does not support me and he does not have a car. Pretty much, I am supporting him. His 20girl after a lot of drama is somewhat our of our lives. She is a pot head and wanted to be a mini wife. The 17girl is a complete emo. Also a pothead, dropped out of school, in continuation school, but can barely keep up. 14boy, failing couple classes, heading to become a pothead. When ever we see the 17year old, she is on her cell, texting. She didn't even care to wish his 5 year old brother"HAppy Bday." When I bring this up with partner, he always takes their side. That he wasn't there for them, they didn't have a mom to teach them, etc. They only text him when they want money. But whatever money he has, he should put it here in our family. They both have iPhones, boys has new skate board, new clothes, etc. I am here busting my ass paying bills. All they care about it themselves. He will never stand up to them....... I am so depressed and angry all the time. We fight because of them. If they have to go to dr appt, I feel like they are wasting my time. They are already failing in life. I don't understand why I have to help them. They are passively rude, but "parnter" doesn't seem to see it. I have made it clear I don't want them in my house. The talk dirty and I don't want to risk them bringing drugs into my house. My bio kids are growing up on the right path, I feel that step kids are just rotten. I want to break up because of the kids......

emotionaly beat up's picture

If your partner doesn't change his way of parenting these kids, and doesn't stop supplying them with excuses for their appalling behaviour, nothing will change. Sorry.

lionlove's picture

I know. A lot easier said than done. My mind knows what needs to be done....
I do hope to find the strength in me someday to do the right thing.

lionlove's picture

Yesterday, I removed my self. I told him, so see SD snd SS. Just let me know the schedule.
Eventually he told me he wanted me to come. I told him in a very nice way, that everyone is more comfortable
without me and my kids around. Anyways, all they do is speak Spanish. I told him that if you guys don't want me understand and
you guys want to speak in code, that if fine, but I would rather remove myself. He got all quiet. Today he didn't go see her.
I know he text her because he wants her to go to the contiuation school this week to finish off the classes. I told him to go pick her up go have lunch then go pick up his son. He didn't.......