You are here

How long does it carry on?

Cealz90's picture

I need to rant I suppose - like many of you I have seen on this.
My step son - no problemo. My step daughter -well - I enjoyed the comment about the troll going back to the bridge and the other comment about not apologising when you know you have done nothing wrong. My situation so so similar.
My SD - well - she's been awful since I met my now husband. She came in my house calling her mother a bitch so I knew it was always going to be more than 'lively' with her. That was when she was 7.
She's now 16 and not sweet. Since I married her dad last year - yes I waited that long - its got so very bad = theres obviously some huge jealousy thing going on here and almost a competition she feels she has with me for my H's attention. I thought about selling the house and moving somewhere smaller so she can't come and stay. The resentment towards me, the way she ignores me, no thanks, the lack of manners, her messiness...uuggghhh - I am sick of it. My olive tree has no branches left on it. I've tried so hard and every weekend she's here (every other), something happens that makes my blood boil. Not only that but my daugher is sick of it, my son has 'opted out' of her but I think boys are better at that than us girls.
As with many of you, her dad tries so hard with her it makes me sick as she doesn't deserve it. The tantrums seem to start when she has no attention at our house.

Cealz90's picture

And I also meant to say that she's now leaving school with hardly any qualifications and I keep wondering how long my h's is going to have to bank roll her mother. I only ever see her having her nails done, her hair done, having new clothes, going out - huh! I never get to do that and I'm naturally a bit miffed.
What should I do? send them both back to the troll village?

starfish's picture

where does sd get the money for nails/hair/clothes??? does she have a shitty relationship with bm or just tons more freedom at your house??

i have been trying my damndest to get sd to prefer to stay at home versus my house on our days....... i make it boring as possible......think i'll start making liver on ass gnat days instead of pizza or chicken nuggets and mac & cheese or whatever banquet meal i pick up for them.... for dh & i -- i cook all kinds of great stuff......

just keep hope that she'll be 18 soon and you can STOP scheduled visitation, make her plan to visit for dinner, but no overnight stays.... start making plans for redoing the room she stays in when she's there, so there's always the couch if she has to stay and in that case you can stay up all night with the tv blasting or stereo if you like to dance....

i may not be the best advice person, b/c i can't stand the existence of skids, but i do feel your pain....