You are here

How did everybody's Father's Day go?

elle94's picture

MINE?????? much better this year as I spent the whole day ignoring SD17's attempts to be her usual obnoxious, disgusting self. I felt validated and loved as I knew my parents as well as my DH saw right thru SD's bullshit and they ignored it too instead of telling her what an awesome person she is. awwwww, i so relish these minor victories. i hope SD ends up being a stepmother someday who has to deal with a HORRIBLE stepdaughter.

Steppin's picture

Our kids and I made him a mug, and I made him breakfast. SS10 called and wished him happy father's day. Then I had to go to work and DH gets to spend all day with the kiddos!

oldone's picture

We had a great day. I leapt out of bed this am to start baking.

Our friends had us over along with their family (8 grown children). They are so sweet to include us. My DH and her DH each have a favorite dessert so I made both of them this am.

So far not a word from SS27. Not a text, call or anything. This is about the time of the month when his phone bill is due so it's probably turned off.

I'd asked DH if he wanted to stay and be in SS's city when we were there last week. DH shook his head and said no - he knew that SS would not do anything for him. DH did take SS out to the nicest restaurant in the whole state for lunch last week though.

ltman's picture

DH woke up to find 4 dark chocolate mice from the each of the fur babies, then he went to his shop and eventually 2 out of 3 skids called to wish him a HFD. I'm somewhat surprised they called.

Not a bad day.

momto3's picture

Not too bad. The two older SD's didn't call DH, which was no suprise to us. Gave DH his gift from the other kids & I, took him to lunch and went to visit his dad who's in a nursing home. Relaxed for the rest of the day, which was kind of nice.

ncostell's picture

We spent most of the weekend shopping for an 8th grade graduation dress and shoes for my 14 year old stepdaughter. My husband was not thanked once by his daughter. An argument broke out out when her mother picked her up. Seems the 14 year old called her mother all weekend, and said she was being bullied by her father's family. Her mother will not put up with this and will not make her daughter go to her couisn's house. Very sad, I was there and that did not happen.

Transparent's picture

SD17 didn't even wish her father a happy Father's Day. Because after all the day wasn't all about her so why would she care...