You are here

Here we go again!

bmo73's picture

Ok. so I posted a month or so ago about my disrespectful stepdaughter and due to her behavior, we took the car we bought for her away (Skids live with demon mother). My SD could've gotten the car back by fixing what she did and could earn the car back but since demon mom thinks it's appropriate to disrespect her dad, mom just went out and bought her a car---of course she had to get her father to sign for it since demon mom has terrible credit...but anyway. Mom now is trying to take my DH back to court for more CS. So now, SS (19) doesn't have a car because his stepdads car broke down and is now using SS car. So SS calls DH and asks if he can have the car that we took away from SD. He's generally a good kid, but is not going to college, smokes weed, but he is "looking" for a job. So DH and I talked about it and said he could use the car to look for a job and maybe some weekends but we weren't going to just give him the car until he got a real job. Seemed fair to me. It will give him something to strive for, etc. Well now SS just texted and said that his demon mom said that she is gonna get as much CS as she can out of my DH unless we GIVE him the car. But if we give him the car, she'll drop the court date. WTF??? GRRRR....blackmail? I told my DH, if he wanted to give him the car, then fine but it will be signed over to him and be done with it. Why does demon mom even say things like this to her kids??? I guess that is always the million dollar question!

Ex4life's picture

Absolutely do NOT give in to her blackmail. Once you do that she will never quit. There's only so much CS she can get anyway. Unless you are paying way less then you should be then she's blowing air. Tell her to go pound sand. Sounds like she sort of knows she's not going to get much anyway and is trying something new.

bmo73's picture

DH does currently have a better paying job right now, and she probably would be awarded more but I don't even care. Only 9 months to pay child support anyway, so she better try to get all she can while she can and then she'll be stuck with 3 car payments that she can't afford. What a dummy! But because she went out and bought SD a car, she is the hero and only intensifies the PAS, so I'm sure she's smiling about that. Good for her. And the fact that on top of child support, we have always done A LOT for those kids, over and above the child support, so if she's awarded more money, then those extras will definitely stop.

bmo73's picture

My DH didn't sign, demon mom's Dad signed for the car (skids grandfather).

The more I thought about this, the more pissed off I got. The thing about it is, is that my DH and I think that if you actually HAVE expectations of your kids from and early age and they know what they are, the more likely they are to succeed in life. Apparently, demon mom thinks otherwise! grrrrrrr

bmo73's picture

And as far as the child support goes, I could care less. We only have until June to pay it anyway.

Jsmom's picture

Call her bluff. It will take until June to get a court date and then she would barely get anything at all. I would not give this kid anything until he is registered in college or has a full time job...No way....Cars and privileges are for kids that deserve them. THis kid doesn't anymore than his sister does...Do you really think the car is the hold up on him not getting a job?

bmo73's picture

I do have a question about that. If she files for court to get more CS and it takes several months to get a court date, will the support order be retroactive from the time she filed a court order or will it be effective from that point forward?

bmo73's picture

And also, in my texts to my ss, i mentioned to him that a friend of mine could possibly get him a fulltime job at a distribution center, which would have benefits, insurance, etc. I also gave the third degree about his "extracurricular activities" and that he needed to stop and get motivated and that was why we weren't just going to "give" him the car. He proceeded to tell me that i was "talking down" to him and that the warehouse job was a "factory job"---like he's too good for that. wtf? I guess he thinks he can be a partner at a law firm with his high school diploma. And how is encouraging a kid to change his ways and set a goal talking down to him? I have a feeling, i was talking to him through his mother. Which pissed me off even more! My husband and I think that if you have high expectations of your kids, they are more likely to succeed in life but apparently demon mom has a different philosophy on raising kids. Perhaps this is why MY 18 year old daughter goes to college (and paying her way through college), has a job, and was able to buy a nice car on her own. At this point, I feel like I am just DONE with these kids, even though they have been in my life for 16 years. It's a shame really.