You are here

Help! I feel like I'm going crazy!

clericsmrs's picture

My husband and I have been married almost 3 years. He has 3 children from a previous marriage and BM is not at all in the picture. We never forced the kids to call me mom, but they always have. They are 13, 11, and 8. The oldest 2 have ADHD, as well as the oldest being bi-polar. Things have totally started going down hill the last few months. We have a 16 month old together, and he's wonderful, but I started working after being a sahm for 3 years, and I started college again. The kids have started failing inschool, the oldest even ended up in alternative school and has been in a mental hospital twice.

Anyway, I feel alone. The kids don't respect me at all, they yell at me, the oldest actually is physically abusive to me at times. I use to love these kids like I was their bm, but all I feel now is hatred and animosity. I feel like no one understands. I take anti-depressants and anxiety pills, but my panic attacks are getting worse. I dont like the step mom I've become. And I don't know how to change it. Just wondering if there is anyone out there going through the same things. I'm so miserable, and I feel like this is tearing my marriage apart. Anyone have any advice?