You are here

Had a good moment them whammo -- yet another bad moment ...will it ever end???

momof5_1969's picture

Yesterday SS18 got sick -- lost his vision,very blurry, nauseated, bad headache, slurred speech, near fainting, so basically i told him "I'm taking you to the doctor." I knew this could be a migraine or something more serious. So called doc and they got us in immediately. The great thing about living in a small town that knows the family name. Get down there and they say what i think is happening which is a migraine, but they want me to take him to hospital to have a CT scan done -- SS18 didn't want to go. He was worried that it was going to cost a lot of money, worried he was going to miss his class, etc. i reassured him not to worry about the cost that he needed to go for crying out loud! Sweet for him to worry about that. Anyways. So he went to his class which is at the fire department and promised that if he took a turn for the worse that he would call one of us and we'd come get him.

Needless to say, the paramedics ended up taking him by ambulance last night to the ER because he started slurring his words again, nearly passed out, couldn't answer questions or talk coherantly. My husband called me and we met them at the ER. After multiple tests they think it was due to a sinus infection way deep inside of his head that was found via the CT scan that possibly triggered a migraine -- he's never had migraines before. We didn't get home till midnight.

I was by his side through the whole thing. When I was driving him home last night I could tell he was really touched and humbled, and he thanked me for "holding his hand' through the whole ordeal and told me he couldn't have done it without me. ahhhh. Even told me that he thought I was doing a good job -- even though he doesn't tell me often that. Smile I really needed that with all that I've been through with his sisters (SD17 and SD22).

So today DH, BD18, SS18 and myself are home sick, and SD17 decides after she does a university visit with one of her friends that she is going to go visit her sister 20 mins away, but doesn't ask or tell us that she's doing this until she is at her sister's house. Keep in mind, we have had years of issues with her sister (SD22) and now SD22's boyfriend. So, again, we're all home sick. SD17 had a sports even she had to be at, and assumes that i'm just going to drop everything and drive 40 mins round trip to pick her up -- because I've got nothing better to do. I asked her how she got there -- by her friend's dad. i told her she should have asked me first and I asked if her sister could bring her home, because we were all home sick. So several texts later, she now starts calling her Dad (my DH) and texting her dad) who is downstairs sleeping he is so sick (which i told her). So I just let the phone ring because it says that SD22 is calling. I'm not waking up DH who is sick over this. So DH wakes up and i talk to him about it, and he says he'll just go get her -- so i tell her this, and ask her if she still needs a ride home. No response. She then texts her dad. he still doesn't have his phone. She never responded to me. So I didn't send him off to pick her up.

So SD22's boyfriend brings SD17 home. He comes into the house, and I asked him what he was doing here. SD22 hasn't spoken to me since June 2011 and he hasn't been in our house since November 2011. SD22 is not welcome in our house because of how she has treated me. So i'm friendly to him and he responds to me and says that he brought Nicole home, and I told him thank you that i appreciated that because we were all home sick - and thanked him again. Then he has the gall to ask me for gas money. i said 'seriously?!" He says "yes" -- again I asked him "seriously"? He said yes. So i asked him how much, and he asked for $10!! It's 20 miles round trip, but most of the trip is through town that is usually busy at the time she wanted me to pick her up.

So I went down to SD17's room and asked her for $10 for gas money, since she put herself in this position. Then SD22's boyfriend says thanks for the $$ and i told him to thank SD17 because she paid for it. Her dad was going to pick her up, why should I pay this joker $10 when it doesn't cost that frickin' much money for him to drive out to our place?! Ticked me off!

My DH was ticked off. SD17 got an earfull when SD22's boyfriend left. She wanted to start playing the victim like this had to do with the problems between us and her sister, when it had nothing to do with her sister and everything to do with SD17 and her lack of communication and respect for other people's time (mainly mine).

I'm sure that SD22 spends most of her time bad mouthing me while her siblings are there -- I have no doubt about it. The look that SD22's boyfriend had when he came in was not a welcoming look, and was a look like he was looking for a fight. As far as I'm concerned he can just not let the door hit him in the ass on the way out! He's been feeding off of SD22's poison for so long that is all he can see now. So whatever.

momof5_1969's picture

So the nice moment was when my SS18 acknowledged me and was kind and thanked me -- he doesn't do that very often -- the not so nice moment was the whole issue with SD17 and SD22. I realize it was a bad circumstance to get that moment with SS18, but i'll take it.

Just wish SD22 would get out of my life and stay out of my life. I've left her alone -- she just wants to create drama -- her and her boyfriend. And now she has a baby to throw into the mix. To be quite honest I wish my DH wouldn't go visit her or reward her behavior until she makes nice with me, but maybe that's selfish of me.