You are here

Found SD on Facebook - made contact with her,now I regret it..

StepmomB19's picture

hello everyone, happy early x-mas...

okay, I have known about my SD on facebook for quite sometime now, and I've contemplated whether or not to contact her. She lives in another state, and my DH hasn't seen her in about 10 years. We kinda lost contact with her when she went away to school, and my DH has been anxious to see and speak to her again.

So, I bit the bullet, and sent her a message. She replied, and turns out, she's been trying to find him for quite sometime...so I have her our phone # and told her to give him a call. the fear I'm having is, although she is now grown, will I have another skid from hell hanging around, leaving drama for me to clean up? because DH won't deal with anything, he'll just do the same thing to her as he's done for SS from hell..any suggestions on how I should deal with this situation? I don't mind DH reconnecting with SD, but I would like to keep my sanity in the midst of it, that's all..any and all suggestions are always appreciated! Smile

StepmomB19's picture

to be honest, she was the product of a 'fling' years ago, right after hubby's 1st marriage crumbled...there was even doubts at to whether or not she was actually his daughter, which that is still in question...I accept her because he does, but there are doubts.

StepmomB19's picture

very true, I met her years ago, and she seemed to be a good kid, but her mother is nuts, been to prison even, a real loser, so I'm sure she has some issues..but she's in college, and seems to have her head on straight, unlike SS from hell...so I told hubby maybe next month we'll drive up to see her, and I am going to stay out of this one, I'm disengaging from jump..I will not make the same mistakes twice, you can count on that