You are here

Follow Up to" At the Breaking Point": Tonight is the "Big Talk"

TattooQT's picture

So my DH and I are sitting down with the stepmonster today when I get home from work. Fortunately this has been a drama free day so far so my nerves are not frayed. DH has said that the SD15 must face this situation. Last night he called the stepmonster to let her know that this was going to be a discussion, not a fight. That nobody is going to be attacking anyone however we are going to address the issue of lies and betrayal. She said, "You know I don't think I really want to deal with this. I am not really ready." In the past that has always been her way out of dealing with anything. She plays the emotional pain card and daddy just drops the subject. Well not this time sister! He said, "Well that is really too bad for you then because you don't have a choice."

GO HUBBY!!! I was so proud of him and happy that he finally took the hard and painful step to do what is best for his kid. I understand that it is hard for him and that he wants to shield her from pain but the stepmonster knows that and uses to manipulate people and situations. So she got all butt hurt that he wasn't just gonna let it go. But in the end she has no choice, DH has laid down the law! :O She has to face her actions and take responsibility. If she refuses to do so and/or talk to us about it, she has to face the consequences of that. She will no longer be allowed in our home until she is willing to be civil, participate as part of the family and take responsibility for her behavior.

This is what I plan to lay out to her tonight: A) I had better never hear another report from my friends or family that she has been talking hella smack! Here are some examples of her lying: I have told her she is nothing but a guest in my home, that she will never allow me to be a part of her life or family, that I may be her dad's wife but that doesn't mean that I deserve her respect etc. And most of all I better never hear that she has been telling lies about my husband or my family. Dirol my space is my space and she will respect it. Stay out of my office, bedroom and bathroom unless you have permission. C) I will no longer tolerate her little power plays for dominance. No more laying in papa's lap like I do, rubbing his head like I do and no more hopping into my seat the minute I get up or practically tripping me to sit next her dad at dinner, movies, or just walking in the mall etc. That is it, that is all I want. Just basic respect and civility.

Now we just have to wait and see what happens.