You are here

Feeling guilty and I hate it

weekendwidow's picture

So yesterday I bitched about SD and her birthday and how DH asked me to sign her card. Painful shit. I have never even received a text message from her.

Anyway, DH went to lunch with SD21 because she asked him to. She is a complete bitch who ignores her daddy until she needs $$. He caves every time. She hadn't spoken to him, returned a call or anything all summer and then suddenly 4 days before her birthday she decides to return his call. BIG SHOCK! To him, I can read her like a book.

Anyway, he went to lunch with her. I wasn't invited and if I was I would've declined. I hate her. After their lunch is over I get a "Thanks for the card and the gift. Miss you!" text message from her. I puked and then I laughed so hard. Miss you? Are you fucking kidding me??? What a liar. You don't miss me...I wanted to respond and say "I don't know what you're talking about" of "Your dad must've signed my name It's not from me" or "WHo is this"?

I didn't do any of those things. I just deleted her text and pretended that never got it. Now I feel guilty 'cause I'm sure she's going to tell daddy how much of a bitch I am for not replying to her well written and thoughtful 9 word text message.

Then I thought of being passive aggressive by simply replying "You're welcome". Blatantly ignoring the "Miss you" part of her text....

Ideas???

weekendwidow's picture

I'm trying to edit and can't. In the first paragraph I said I never received a text from her...I meant that for my birthday or anything significant, she can't even be bothered with the slightest effort on my part. So I don't bother with her. SOrry for any confusion.

Lisa mckay's picture

I understand its shallow. The actions are missing. Truelly caring is a verb and actions count and the person will feel they are sincere. Meaningless words are just that. It doesn't fool me anymore.

Easylikesundaymornin's picture

I am sorry got a new phone or I lost all my contacts.

She would have to respond cause kids at 21 can't think fast enough n then I would have said ~ I am sorry I have no idea what you are talking about. Sorry

Easylikesundaymornin's picture

Notasm ~
Love it

Proverbial "k" which means F U in my house
Or the whatever would be good.

I love how you all use " crickets" ~ it says it all.

You have me laughing my ass off ~ n god knows I have lots of junk in my trunk Wink

Rags's picture

"Well bless your little heart." The sappy southern bell response that can be interpreted anyway she chooses and send volumes of information for those who understand it's roots.

Indigo's picture

Oh, Rags ... some day, please clarify your experience with "bless his/her heart." I was a banker for several years in small town, down South and the nuance that phrase could mean ...

Rags's picture

My mom is a N. Ga. southern lady raised by a long line of long lived southern ladies and not as long lived southern gentlemen. "Bless your heart" Can mean anything from a heartfelt thank you to 'if you think I am buying your bullshit you are dead wrong' and everything in between.

It is all about the circumstance, tone, facial expression, body language and nuances of what prefix or suffix is added to "Bless your heart".

"Well .... bless you heart" with a pucker faced grimace followed by a fake smile = Nice try on that one but your manipulation is obvious.

"Bless your little heart" with a big smile and light laugh = Sappy call out on inappropriate bratty behavior.

"Well bless your sweet little heart" in response to a veiled or not so veiled snarky comment = Fuck off!!!!! Because a true southern lady would never say "fuck off" but her meaning would be absolutely clear.

"Bless your little heart dear. How can I help?" in response to victim pitty party comments = Tough shit, knock off the whining, sniffling, sniveling, and pitty party, suck it up, grow up and you are getting shit for nothing from me so don't even try it or ask.

"Bless your heart" combined with a hug or light touch on the arm during a true crisis = I hurt for you and I know things will be okay or thank you for being here.

Etc..................................

Bless your heart has nearly infinite meanings and uses that are clear as day to those in the know but stoke and escalate the idiocy of those self deluded enough not to be in know. }:)

weekendwidow's picture

I went to grad school in the South. I know EXACTLY what "Bless your heart" means. I love it!

Thanks for that tip. I'm using it!