You are here

Downward Spiral!

CantKeepDoingThis's picture

Report cards came in the mail today. Took a look at SD15's, and she failed the last 6-weeks in algebra. She didn't fail it enough to fail the semester, but you look at the whole second semester, and she steadily went downward. Same with a few of her other classes, one of which she barely got semester credit (a very easy elective class...low 70's the whole way...but that is also the class she was tardy for the most). Wonder if DH will say anything to SD15 at all about the grades! Chances are low...school year is over, make a fresh start next school year, all that jazz. I strongly suspect SD15 will get into much more trouble next school year without the threat of BS19 finding out what she does. I seriously believe that is the ONLY reason she has kept her nose as clean as she has (which hasn't been spotless...still a couple of troubles). She has a long record of trouble in middle school, so it is safe to say the only thing causing her to not be in as much trouble was knowing that everything would get back to DH, because everyone in the school likes BS19, knows SD15 is his younger sibling, and wouldn't hesitate to tell him if they saw her doing something she shouldn't. May need to stock up on some serious popcorn!

Jsmom's picture

It is just getting good...Trust me. You need to follow Twitter feeds for the good stuff. That is what I do. She is not welcome here and is just a train wreck, but I like knowing what she is up to just in case, DH tries again to tell me she is maturing. Just managed to see her drinking and commenting about drugs this week.

Haven't been able to find a Twitter feed for her. She does minimum on her Facebook...seems most of the stuff is in her Instagram...which doesn't seem that DH is watching, or he would have said something about a few of her recent posts. Girl has the mouth (or the fingers) of a sailor when she isn't around us...rather fond of the word f**k!

Orange County Ca's picture

Normally when a kids grades start to falter across the board I'd advise a drug screen and make no bones about why you're doing it. By "you" I mean Dad of course.

Check on line for symptoms of drug use and see if there is a match. If so print it out for Dad and if not continue to watch for them.

Oh, I've been suspecting she has been finding ways to smoke pot again...the sudden wanting to go to BM's, increased bad attitude, sleeping all the time, suddenly always looking for junk food to eat (when she is known for starving herself), etc. There is also the issue of the e-cig a while back, and I do know that one of the new things with teens is using e-cigs with marijuana oil...easier to conceal the smell, can use it in school and at home more undetected, etc.

Today, SD15 posted on her social media that she doesn't know how she is going to get though color guard camp, because she was up all night. She is at BM's this week. There is now way that BM and the step-dad stayed up all night, as the step-dad has to work, and BM just doesn't stay awake that long. SD15 tends to go to sleep if she has nothing to do or if she is just watching TV...so there is only one explanation...she wasn't bored! I suspect she had snuck out last night with friends. I'm just waiting to hear about another color guard related injury today, because SD15 isn't totally in the game.

weekendwidow's picture

I totally agree with Orange ^^^. Suspect drugs. My SS started his downward spiral of lying, failing in school, apathy, total disregard for, well, everything. He lost his driving privileges because of weed and he doesn't even care about that! CHances are DH will think you're over reacting, but don't waiver. Get the help now.

Calypso1977's picture

sad thing is, even if you confirm its drugs, or a PI catches her doing anything out of line, the dad will just make excuses.

Exactly! You would think he would have his head out of the sand considering she has a history...but nope!