You are here

Dad's a POS... is what she is yelling with her mother last week... oh wait this week did somebody mention $$$$$

buterfly_2011's picture

Last week BM and SD17 teamed up on DH to remind him of what a POS he is... bla bla bla....
Well SD got a job finally. He texted her to tell her he was proud of her for getting a part time job. Her reply was, "Thanks I have to if I want senior pictures done" he didn't reply right away. My two cents on senior pictures... they are expensive BUT you don't have to go expensive. If you really look around there are people out there who will take them for a decent price. My daughter had a friend's mother take hers as I could not afford to go to a full scale photographer. DH knows a lady here in our home town who works for the college and does photography. So his reply was well I know a lady here who does part time work and would do them for you for less $$$. She replied and asked what town she was in then DH told her ours. Her reply was, "Well mom says until you drive all the way here to get us we won't be coming to see you so that just won't be possible." His reply, "well we are just trying to help." He then told her since she got a job he would help her with her senior pics BUT we would send the money to the person taking them. And we would need good notice of when they were planning to have them taken. It is her senior year so I understand it's going to be an expensive year for her and as long as she is trying he is willing to try to. As soon as he mentioned helping with some money for them BOOM his phone rings. And she is nice as pie to him. I'm so ANNOYED at this that I want to scream. All of a sudden he is dad of the year again and he is worthy of all of her news regarding her first week of school and her getting her permit and how excited she was that she passed on the first try. Then after about 20 minutes of talk they hung up. Not even 5 minutes later she called back again. Nice as pie... then about 10 minutes after they hung up she calls for a third time.

By this time I am SO ANNOYED. So angry that now he is a GREAT dad because he mentioned helping with senior pictures. We had escaped for two days this weekend and made a plan to not answer phones. Not take any calls that had to do with either BM's or anybody for that matter. I know that it was a good thing for him. But I guess I just was rubbed so wrong. It's all about money to these people.

I do agree that senior year is expensive and I do believe that if she has been responsible and gotten a job then I think its perfectly fine for us to help her. But by no means are we giving the money to BM. No way in hell. I guess I just think its sad that last week he was a worthless dad. A dad who may as well be put in the category of her mom's EX boyfriends.... but now has moved up in the world. Not due to his attempts to call her everyday. Not due to his attempts to text her, facebook her or hell mail her a GOOD JOB card on her permit. It's all because he said we could possibly help her with money. ugh.....

Jsmom's picture

I know you see her for what she is doing...but does he? My husband doesn't with his daughter and I just know she is playing him now for money.

Orange County Ca's picture

Her loyality is purchased pretty cheaply. Well she's still a kid and you're right about all that senior stuff. I refused to buy my kids senior rings. Bio-mom did and I saw them wear it once.

But pictures you can at least get copies of them for future memories so they're worth getting. I never considered just getting them somewhere else. Good thinking.

Lets hope Daddy insists on her paying her own way after school except education.

buterfly_2011's picture

Does he know what she is doing... sadly yes he does. But he is so desperate to keep a line of communication open with her I think he is willing to overlook it. Not in the way of stopping what he is doing regarding the papers to her mother etc... and telling her NO every week when she has SS's call to ask for more money to be put in their account... I think we both (since I went through it with my daughter) realize senior stuff is spendy. And if we can direct it to the company who is charging us for said things she will need than he is willing to help out as much as we can..... so I think he just is ok riding her wave of being nice even if it is only because of the $$$$. All day saturday I fumed about it. It ruined my day but made his day. And I didn't want to tell him my opinion. I had watched him be sad for weeks over her behavior when BM calls. I figured I'd bite my tongue. After all we were on a two day trip that was meant to be relaxing. And for the first time in a few weeks he looked not so stressed. So I zipped the lip....

They think we have a endless supply of money. Funny how that works......