You are here

coparenting issues with step children

rcclay's picture

My wife's ex has saved 11k for her son's car and he doesn't think his son should have to work as long as he has good grades. I do not agree at all. My first car was a junker that I fixed up with my Dad. I had a job, played sports, and had good grades. All her son talks about are trucks. He wants a dodge ram 4x4 with a v8. I suggested a Honda civic for around 5,000. It isn't cool enough. Since when did kids get to choose a 20,000 car for their first car? Number one, we can't afford an additional car payment and number 2, insurance.rates will double. I think he needs to get a job and help pay for a car payment, gas, and.insurance.

Stepped in what momma's picture

You aren't the parent of the child so in step parenting world it doesn't matter what you think. I would be thinking my lucky stars if I was you that the parents had actually saved up money for said car and didn't want any of yours.

LikeMinded's picture

Our BM was stupid enough to buy a hover-board knock off with wheels. It cost over $100, and btw, she's in the process of going through bankruptcy. What a moron.

Not my business.