You are here

Constant negative attitude

Elizabeth's picture

OK, I am about fed up with SD15's attitude. Most of it has been directed at me, but lately a great deal of it has been directed at my husband (her father). Why he puts up with it I don't know!

Last night he told her multiple times to go rake leaves (a miracle in itself as she does almost nothing around the house). She kept refusing, "What are you going to do if I don't?" that kind of thing. She finally went out, after he told her that he would come out later and "help" her. She came back in about five minutes later, complaining that raking leaves hurt her shoulder. Funny, playing volleyball doesn't seem to bother it, but whatever.

She comes storming in the house, tells husband, "You can't make me do anything," and goes to her room. He does nothing about it. A little bit later he decides to rake the leaves himself. I am doing something with BD4 and husband is watching BD1. He proposes to take her outside while he rakes leaves. OK, I just put on a video she had been begging to watch. Plus it was only 36 degrees outside. Why does BD1 have to suffer because husband can't put his foot down with a 15-year-old?

It's just frustrating because he thinks that if he can put up with her attitude, I should be able to as well.