You are here

Clean out has begun!

CantKeepDoingThis's picture

I went in there with gloves and gathered all the towels I could find in the piles. Washed them in super hot water, bleach, etc. The towels are NOT HHBs, and if anything, I need them for the dogs...lol.

Next step, I'm going in there with a trash bag and getting rid of trash...soda cans, Starbucks cups, candy wrappers. After that, I will start boxing up clothing. Like I said, if DH says anything, I will remind him of that ant pile, and just tell him I'm making sure that the pests don't "bug" us!

Starting to feel a hint of freedom!

BarkAtTheMoon's picture

Can't Can't CAN'T!!!! I KNEW it was you when I saw the blog title! I KNEW it! I am so happy that you've started de-cluttering HHB's room, but I AM sorry that you have to sift through the filth! You must be feeling pretty good at starting out this process! I would get the Borax and sprinkle it around, tell DH you saw ants on the floor under her window, "in the usual spot." The Borax will give it a fresh smell in the meantime until you vacuum it up. Let it sit for a week.

Yay! I'm so glad you can clean up, if that makes sense lol. I wish I could!

~ Moon

Oooo...yeah...ward off the ants AND freshen the room!

This is going to be a long, disgusting process. I can only stand to be in there for so long...ugh, the filth!

Ugh...I meant drop off child support...BM doesn't pay jack! LOL

But yes, he has to drop it off. BM starts on the 1st bugging for the money, though it is due on the 10th.

misSTEP's picture

Okay, so I am sure that your DH has a VERY GOOD REASON of why he DELIVERS the CS??!?!

Anyway, YAY FOR YOU!!!

My DH has gotten on board with my clean out plan. Just a scant couple years ago, he wanted to hang on to ALL things skids (even though they are both aged out and barely even bring the grandskids over). Now we are getting ready to buy a house and going through everything with a fine tooth comb. I found a box full of skid stuff that hadn't even been unpacked. I asked DH what he wanted to do with it. His reply: "What do I need THAT stuff for? Get rid of it!" ::happy dance::

Tuff Noogies's picture

cant, u're a better woman than i.

i prefer bags for clothes. i wouldn't bother sorting jack schitt - if it was ok piled up together, it'd be ok bagged up together. who knows, maybe she was keeping those wrappers and starbucks cups for an art project..... }:)

Oh...there really isn't any sorting! I just went in to pull out MY towels. The rest is going to get thrown into boxes...bags means that I actually have to go spend money on the endeavor to get get those thick black trash bags so they don't break on the way out of the house. I have a stockpile of boxes. Wink

Most of the trash is in the bin next to her bed and around her bed...that is just going into bags and into the trash. By taking care of the trash first, it makes it look more like a clean up effort at first, rather than a clean out. Helps me ease DH into cleanout. Wink

Aniki-Moderator's picture

I would have to accidentally mix some of that trash in with her clothes. Along with some dead ants. Nasty little pig.

Calypso1977's picture

that has to feel amazing! i would have donned a hazmat suit tho. lol

id get rid of her mattress too, its probably infested with mold/bugs/stench. buy an inexpensive pull out for that room.

BarkAtTheMoon's picture

I like the idea of putting EVERYTHING in boxes, too. Trash and all. Let it fester and grow in BM's garage. Ant colonies and everything, lol!