You are here

Annoying SD behaviors

alwaysanxious's picture

You know what i hate? That stupid loud huff/sigh noise. i can handle the eye rolling, but that sigh pisses me off.

Kes's picture

My most unfavourite SD behaviours are bragging and grandstanding at the dinner table (I usually get up and leave);
Having conversations about music artists I know nothing about at the dinner table, on purpose to exclude me.
Having showers that last half an hour and then leaving wet towels on the floor and the bathroom a total mess.
THe fact that the only "homework" that SD 14 ever does at our house seems to involve printing out endless pictures of Kurt Cobain from the internet and sticking them onto a poster like a 7 year old.
Stealing booze from the cellar (I now lock it) and CDs from DH
Banging her bedroom door after midnight and waking me up - again - sure this is on purpose.
Makes ME want to sigh and roll my eyes!!

JoyW's picture

Hi Kes,

My name is Joy and I'm working on a TV show regarding stepfamilies with issues like yours. We're looking to help stepfamilies iron out their problems by giving them some free family therapy with a top-notch therapist. We can't wait to start helping stepfamilies!

If you think you might be interested in our show, please contact me ASAP so I can give you more details. If selected, the show won't take much of your time and you'd get $2000 for participating (even if the show doesn't air, and it most likely won't.) We could be the answer to your problem. E-mail or call: allthingscasting@gmail.com OR 818-728-4165.

If you aren't interested, but know someone who is, feel free to share our info. with them.

Joy Smile

secondplace's picture

Pointing out every "boo-boo" on their body constantly. From a 10 year old.

Butting into every conversation we have - we're 15 minutes into a conversation, they walk up and say "watcha talking about?", and FDH practically repeats our whole converstion back to them.

If we happen to have a snack ourselves - "whatcha eating - can I have some"?, even if they just had a huge meal and large dessert.

Velcroing themselves to us because they can't self entertain when we're at a relatives or friend's house.

Etc., etc., etc.

pseudo_stepmom's picture

Oh god this drives me insane as well. You just ate your dinner. AND your dessert. If you're still hungry you can have more dinner, you don't need to eat my "personal" snacks too. Bejesus. They are like bottomless pits. Drives me insane. I hate her stupid voice going "daddy? daddy? daddy? daddy?" AAAAAaaaaarrrrgggghhhh! SHUT-UP!!! Use your feet and walk down the hallway to look for him with your eyeballs and not your annoying voice! OMG. Her voice is like nails on a chalkboard, man. I've gotten to the point where if I'm even slightly irritated already, and they interrupt me, I will interrupt them and say "SS or SD, I am talking with _____. Wait until we're finished before you interrupt and just start talking over our conversation." And then I finish my sentence by saying "BRAT!!" in my head }:)

stepmom2011's picture

Venting? I'm in!

DH/BD gets the strength to start saying no to SD(13) and she spends the rest of the night saying "WHHYYYYY?", sitting on the floor in full tantrum mode... she follows him if he leaves the room and breaks things if we leave the house to let her calm down and give us a break.

SD(13) calls me a b*itch and I ground her from the computer as a consequence. She talks her dad into letting her on for five minutes before bed "If I promise to be good the rest of the night?" because if he says no, then so is horrible the rest of the nignt because her night is already f#ucked.

Cannot get the girl to put clothes on... she will walk around in panties and a short Tshirt, even while on her period! She refuses to wear a real bra when she is a 38B heading quickly to C. SD refuses to wear the correct protection on her period because panty liners work just fine when you put 2 on at a time to make them longer!

You do something nice for SD and she turns around and is cruel beyond words! Sometimes you think you are crazy because it is all so bizarre, until you realize, "Oh, that's right... we are dealing with SD, not a logical human being".

Need I go on? LOVE this website... no judging!

reeny511's picture

I want to vent too!!!!

Things that drive me bonkers that SD does:

- Eye rolling, sighing, mumbling under her breath how we’re so mean to her.

- Wanting to argue over EVERY little bitty thing.

- SD always has to have the last word. Always!

- Constantly complaining how she hates it here and she cant wait to go "home"

- Her God-awful mess of a room. She's supposed to clean it before she goes back to her mom's. (yeah right!)

- She doesn’t like to flush the toilet. Ever!

- She has a bad habit of leaving the faucet running after using it to “do her hair”. Really SD??? You cant hear or SEE that the water is still running and that you need to turn it OFF or our water bill will be through the roof??!!!!!

- Has to sit next to DH everywhere we go. From restaurants to the living room couch.

- Whining and complaining that BD3 is getting more "stuff" than her.

- Not asking but demanding that we buy her anything and everything - from School clothes to a laptop. But never an attitude of gratitude. Ok you treat me like shit all weekend and I’m supposed to go out and buy you stuff? Oh yeah that’s right your mom told you that we were rich and we’re SUPPOSED to buy you everything you ask for. (nevermind that we pay CS for a child that is ALWAYS FREAKIN' HERE!!! I DON’T THINK SO!!!!

purpledaisies's picture

I have normal kid behaviors but my dd when she was 12 looked at me with this deal look and said "that's right I'm PMSing!" then went to her room and slammed the door. Where did my sweet little girl go?

My son has thing about every time I ask a question he say s 'what' I repeat he says 'what' this will go on til I yell at him! BRAT

My ss15 has this attitude that he is better than everyone else and voices. however I think we have finally drilled it in his head that he is not.

ss13 is very quite like you don't know he is there then he will say something that blows you away and he will get in trouble. He normally says something mean to ss15. Or he will hit ss11. But this is every once in while. And he will leave the games and equipment out all over the house and will not put my chairs back.

ss11 well he is a smart butt. But he is very funny. However he gets in trouble then I have to go to my room and laugh. He too will leave games and stuff out. I normally leave it all in their room on their bed and make them put it up when they come back. Now they are not allowed to table my chairs to their room anymore as they will not put them back.

SASX's picture

Eye rolling and an annoying sound from their mouth, I call it teeth sucking. At first I thought it was a neurological disorder my stbsd16 had. I am presuming it is a teenage mannerism since recently it became contagious and stbss13 started doing it as well

finnbarr's picture

I am LOVING this!

Need to Vent

SS 14 lives with me and DH2B.

- never cleans his room
- puts clean clothes back in the laundry because it's easier than putting them away
- kicking off when ever the word NO is used
- constantly following BD, agreeing with every single opinion he hs - even if that means changing what he said TWO SECONDS AGO
- being unbelievably insensitive to other people
-stealing beer, cider, anything he can get his hands on
- lynig about everything
- refusing to talk to us when we've asked a simple and logical question.
- Informing us of his movements, rather than asking if he can go out

I can go on and on and on....