You are here

And for her next trick...

over step's picture

So dh has been talking more lately to me about sd15. Evidently she texted him randomly to say she loved him. Then last night after he talked to her on the phone he wanted to tell me all about. I just had to abruptly change the subject so I didn't have to hear about what she said.

He needs to learn to keep her and I out of each other's conversations. I don't care to hear anything good or bad in reference to her. I'm much happier just not knowing.

Andie91801's picture

Same here. DH used to talk about how smart, wonderful SD was when she was preteen...told him when princess kisses a frog she will show her truth-self and you just need to wait and see. And DH was upset and said you're mean to my children. She was nasty and lied to everyone. She was bad mouth about her brother and got the kid into so much trouble that he didn't even want to sit in the same car or even to be in the same room with her.

I told him we all know what our children capable of just we're strong enough to admit their strength and weakness. She's sure a piece of work...DH even said I feel sorry for whoever marries her.

A.

“I know God won't give me anything I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much.” Mother Teresa.

evilicious says I quit steppin's picture

After the last go- around with SD and her ticket, I flat out told my DH that I do not give a rats ass about what his adult child has going on.

Treat me like crap, I cut you offfffff! My SD is over 18 and lives outside the house. He does have contact with his other son (Dh adopted him and his sister), and I will speak about him, because when he came out of the closet, his mother, grandmother and sister turned their backs on him. We had a rough road (DH got custody for 9 months), but he has since grown up and is quite a respectful young man.

If it means keeping the peace in your home, tell him. It may be tough for a couple of weeks, but once that is done, you will be fine.