You are here

3 month check in

grumpystepdad's picture

Hey all,

Just wanted to say hi. I'm not new I just created a new account cause my old email was deactivated and I didn't have access to anything. My last post was wayyyyy back in the beginning of January. I had a huge blow up with my step daughter back then. Since then a lot has changed at my house. After a long talk with my wife she now completely disciplines and takes care of the kids. She has a 15 year old daughter, and 2 14 year old sons. I have my own kids but they live outta state. Things have actually been really good. I still bicker every now and then to her. But we have agreed they are not my kids. I am not going to try and boss them around or tell them what to do. It's up to her. If they piss me off I deflect it. It actually works for some weird reason?? I don't know why? By me not stepping in it makes them like me more? I don't understand but it works. Even the SD talks to me again. I still help around the house, and I do everything I did before. I just don't get involved or in the middle with any of the main parenting or discipline. Makes me happy makes my wife happy. Every one wins. If I do have a gripe or a issue. I make sure to take my wife aside away from the kids or while were alone and tell her how I am feeling and she takes care of business.

Rags's picture

Good for you and DW. It is great that you take your disagreements offline from the Skids.

Just don't let shit go unaddressed. Let DW know that if she fails to stay on top of things that you will make sure the Skids do as they are told when they are told.

Good luck.